LegacyGT.com

Rick's 2009 XT #INANSB

Started the new motor, had one hell of a vacuum leak. Looked around some did not find anything so I quit for the evening.

This morning I looked and looked could not find anything on the engine off.

Finally I happened to follow a line with my eyes, I never plugged the power brake booster line in.

Probably would of noticed if I had gotten in and pushed on the brakes.

Runs and sound fine.

I checked the oil filter after 200 miles, I found very little aluminum. Just a few large chips from the factory machining. But I found white paint chips and black debris from the baffles in the valve covers.

I had them hot tanked at NAPA. They didn't look very clean when I got them back. I assume that the white chips came from their tank and the black debris is the burned oil that I saw through out my old engine.

I wish now I had bought new valve covers.

18999834412_a685e85d99_c.jpg

18999806562_3a135d646e_c.jpg

They definitely would've circulated past when everything was cold and the filter was in bypass. I agree with doing another quick change.

What he said ^

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Here is some crap inside an intake lifter from the lack of maintenance :

17170266010_23d03d5a03_c.jpg

I am pretty sure this varnish or what ever you call it should not be here.

17357480161_c36f8981d4_c.jpg

wow. They do really look brown. Mine at 73k certainly does not look that dark. I can't believe previous owner treated the car this way :rolleyes:.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived