LegacyGT.com

DBA T2/Street rotors

alyolles

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly OP, but what do you recommend for lines Box? I never went in for recall and beings my car has been on east coast its whole life I wanna upgrade these for safety measures. Suggestions? Price isnt an issue but quality is. Thanks!

I have goodridge SS lines. My rubber lines were pretty well toast at 101k, still working however kind of lumpy.

Drop a line to KNS Brakes (a vendor here) and ask them for a solution. They can hook you up.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*gasp* So you mean I can color my calipers pretty pretty pink? I'll stay inside the lines, promise!

Or your recommendation on lines? I trust both of you over most others on the forum to give me a solid recommendation :)

Oh and no comment on this pink painting nonsense... lol it sounds pretty unmanly to me

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

exc gt limited...

We caught that mistake earlier in thread I posted correct link.. and Sorry Tris but no matter how you arrange it pink parts on your car mean guys see a white LGT with pink accents and speed up to see if there's a hot blond girl behind the wheel ;)

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

We caught that mistake earlier in thread I posted correct link.. and Sorry Tris but no matter how you arrange it pink parts on your car mean guys see a white LGT with pink accents and speed up to see if there's a hot blond girl behind the wheel ;)

Funny you say that. The only Miata in my race league with Pink accents is driven by a hot blond girl. Never thot about it like that. ;)

At least it's just me that's late instead of my wife or GF...

StopTech.

Also, Pink = Hella Manly. Like, so manly, it went right back around to Un-Manly and 3/4 of the way back again. Get it right, man!

Thanks appreciate it! This got off topic quickly lol but hey im not saying I look twice at white cars that have pink accents or anything... Especially not legacys as they are hard enough to spot in general here in maryland :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

No, I would, too.

I think since all suspension and brake components will be pink, I might as well get super dark tint and then a couple of pink Hibiscus flower and flip-flop stickers, just to bring all the boys to the yar -- I mean, car.

Are you sure your "girlfriend" is actually a female? :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Yes, they are. Over 75% of drivers with fancy rotors don't need those features; they're just for bling.

oh yeah. lighter rotors with the dba4k.

dont need less rotational mass at all. no one wants to reduce unsprung mass. no one wants the suspension to work better. for those of us with 245 width tires and have extra friction the lighter rotors help lighten the steering.

I ran dba 4000 back to back with centric blanks on the track with slicks. There was no difference. since then I only buy centric blanks.

For optimal braking, you need to approach from this list (in order)

1. tires - good tires make all the difference

2. good pads - find pads that match the kind of driving you mostly do, not the driving you wish you did

3. rotors - centric premium blanks. Ask KNS brakes

4. brake fluid - you probably need to change/rebleed yours

5. brake lines - after everything else, SS lines are more of a safety change, however, still helpful

6. brake ducts - this is racing only as they will overly-cool your rotors in DD increasing stopping distance

7. STI MC upgrade

8. BBK

9. GS MCB

I did 1-5 and had >1.0G braking loads.

so essentially...run stock but get better tires?

oh yeah. lighter rotors with the dba4k.

dont need less rotational mass at all. no one wants to reduce unsprung mass. no one wants the suspension to work better. for those of us with 245 width tires and have extra friction the lighter rotors help lighten the steering.

Ppl who run 245 tires on DD, don't get it.

minimally lighter rotors are outweighed by heavier tires. You're dreaming if you think otherwise. On your DD with OEM bits, you'd never notice.

minimally lighter rotors are outweighed by heavier tires. You're dreaming if you think otherwise. On your DD with OEM bits, you'd never notice.

i have rpf1's. 6lbs lighter per wheel than stock. even though the tire is 1lb heavier than my older 215 size and its on the outer diameter its still a reduction in overall weight. there is a good amount of weight offset so the 1lb outside doesnt matter too much. so tell me again how i dont get it.

your general statement is just that...general.

your are sadly. very sadly ignorant.

lighter wheels and lighter rotors are in FACT felt in the drivers seat. if you say otherwise anything you say will always be suspect.

the dba4k rotors are lighter plain and simple.

i have rpf1's. 6lbs lighter per wheel than stock. even though the tire is 1lb heavier than my older 215 size and its on the outer diameter its still a reduction in overall weight. there is a good amount of weight offset so the 1lb outside doesnt matter too much. so tell me again how i dont get it.

your general statement is just that...general.

your are sadly. very sadly ignorant.

lighter wheels and lighter rotors are in FACT felt in the drivers seat. if you say otherwise anything you say will always be suspect.

Not enough.

Here's individual tire weights for 6 commonly used tires on LGTs:

BFG R1..............245/40/17 = 22, 245/45/17 = N/A, 225/45/17 = 21

RE92................245/40/17 = N/A, 245/45/17 = 26, 225/45/17 = 23

extreme contact dws.245/40/17 = 24, 245/45/17 = 23, 225/45/17 = 21

super sports........245/40/17 = 23, 245/45/17 = 23, 225/45/17 = 22

ventus v12..........245/40/17 = 23, 245/45/17 = 25, 225/45/17 = 21

direzza dz102.......245/40/17 = 24, 245/45/17 = 24, 225/45/17 = 24

As you were comparing tires & rotors, your comment about RPF1's is not relevant. Especially if you then compare tires & rotors using RPF1's as the base wheel.

On average, 245's are 2lbs heavier than 225's, per tire (allowing for data on tirerack.com is never correct). Which is 8 lbs heavier rotational mass. The difference between DBA & Centric is not 2lbs per rotor. Sorry, you fail.

Why you don't get it? 245's vs 225's on the street doesn't handle better. Good 225's on an OEM LGT have more capability than the OEM suspension, in real world testing.

Given:

RPF1s are lighter than stock wheels

And:

Lighter wheels are noticeable to the driver

Thus:

RPF1's improve your car's handling.

Given:

RPF1s are lighter than stock wheels

And:

Lighter rotors are noticeable to the driver

Thus:

The first statement has nothing to do with the second statement. However, the second statement is still true.

Given:

2 previous logic statements are true

Thus:

Random fact (the dba4k rotors are lighter plain and simple) does not become true.

Sorry, logic always wins. Sound engineering is based on provable facts not on butt dynos. The weight difference (unproven) between the DBA4000's and the Centric rotors is negligible. However, I invite you to purchase one of each and weigh them. Then report back on the differences. Until then, we both remain ignorant on this point.

The point on which neither of us is ignorant (you're welcome) is 245 tires outweigh 225 tires by an average of 2lbs per corner, which is more than the difference between DBA4000's and Centric Premium's. As the owner of both, there was negligible difference between the 2 rotors and very little difference on the track where they were tested far more than they would have been on a DD.

Which is why, to the OP's original question, I suggested Centric Premium. Which would have saved him money. Which, at day's end, is the only part that really matters. Both rotors will wear equally and brake the same.

you do realize that those now pink bits are magnets holding the pipe section in place for welding..right?

Uh no. Having never seen this contraption you welded up, I was guessing. Always figured that setup was overly robust... maybe you need to post up a pic of the completed and installed parts?

Not enough.

Here's individual tire weights for 6 commonly used tires on LGTs:

BFG R1..............245/40/17 = 22, 245/45/17 = N/A, 225/45/17 = 21

RE92................245/40/17 = N/A, 245/45/17 = 26, 225/45/17 = 23

extreme contact dws.245/40/17 = 24, 245/45/17 = 23, 225/45/17 = 21

super sports........245/40/17 = 23, 245/45/17 = 23, 225/45/17 = 22

ventus v12..........245/40/17 = 23, 245/45/17 = 25, 225/45/17 = 21

direzza dz102.......245/40/17 = 24, 245/45/17 = 24, 225/45/17 = 24

As you were comparing tires & rotors, your comment about RPF1's is not relevant. Especially if you then compare tires & rotors using RPF1's as the base wheel.

On average, 245's are 2lbs heavier than 225's, per tire (allowing for data on tirerack.com is never correct). Which is 8 lbs heavier rotational mass. The difference between DBA & Centric is not 2lbs per rotor. Sorry, you fail.

Why you don't get it? 245's vs 225's on the street doesn't handle better. Good 225's on an OEM LGT have more capability than the OEM suspension, in real world testing.

holy crap. are you for real?

dba vs stock...what part of that did you miss??

dba4k is lighter than stock rotors. lighter than centric? i dont know. centric wasnt on my list. both lighter wheels and lighter rotors can be felt. have you bought any of these??? i bet your real answer is no otherwise you wouldnt be talking ignorant things.

it IS relevant as 245 will not go onto a stock rim.

i tried an edr9 and it was heavy and went to rpf1.

handle better? in what way? be specific. there is more grip and with proper alignment better cornering. 225's do not match the speedo. stop trying to convince me your low dollar poor man shopping is where its at. its NOT. why would i cheapen out and get a heavier more circumferenced tire?? pulley effects??

i know the 225 45 17 is close to 245 40 17. got width but shorter sidewall. simple physics. the circumference is just aweful on a 225-45. i went with 245 40mto match the speedo. thats the only reason.

currently i run the pilot sport 245 a/s 3. previously 245 as+ and 215 re960. they are 1 lb apart. 25 vs 24. wheels are 6lbs lighter than stock. 5lb net difference.

i have 4 dbas in the garage and 4 installed. i CAN weight them if i desire. centric rotors? its a joke to me. i also have a spare rpf1 and all 4 stock wheels with tires if you want me to weigh those too. i do not have to look on the internet.

you are trying to be smart and its not working man. please stop.

You've been here long enough -- Haven't you caught on that that's our MO?

i think there must be pollutants in the tap water.

i am seriously amazed on peoples lack of basic logic let alone no real sense of an education.

just spewing stuff from a randomn google page.

dont worry...i tried to explain lighter weights to 1 MS EE, 1 phd candidate and a BS in geo and its like they never had a physics class.

it all adds up one way or another. here i see a lot of talk but not much else. im still waiting for all these "modders" from nw to post a vf52 dyno.

ive learned 99% of the stuff here is bs and people talking. convincing others their "idea" is best and why.

Archived