LegacyGT.com

I blew my chavaaa!!!

Is your fork/push rod all the way back in with the clutch released? If so I would guess its air in the system/something to do with the pedal assy.

TOB failure will cause the pedal to not release, but youll see it when you look at the tranny as the push rod will be stuck in the extended position (or half extended in your case)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, definitely not lower, higher than the master cylinder at one point, but never lower than it's mounted to the transmission.

I've gone to bleeding the master cylinder. I've been bleeding for about an hour now, and every once in a while there are a bunch of bubbles that come out. It's also not drawing from the reservoir, however, I can fill the reservoir by back-flowing the system with a syringe....

It's almost as if there is a leak in the master cylinder. I have adjust the pedal about 3/4 turn. Could this be limiting the range of motion enough to be unable to move past the low pressure hole in the master cylinder?

OR is there a big leak somewhere? Maybe on the reservoir to master cylinder seal? You'd think I'd be seeing fluid pushed out of there if that were the case though?

Turns out, adjusting the clutch pedal can cause the master cylinder piston not to work properly, leaving the low pressure circuit to the reservoir closed.

Adjusted the pedal down as far as it would go, and the system bled just fine. All is working again.

Replaced the driver side half shaft seal and o-ring and now I just gotta put it together. I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing these updates, as they simply repair and nothing new, however, I find all of this very scary, so I like to share my victories. :)

EDIT: As projects go, and I view this as a project, it evolves. As you work on the vehicle, you notice other things that need to be done. I will be making a new custom faceplate for the stereo and adding a dual band Ham radio to the car. Should I create new threads for those, or just keep posting updates here?

I like your updates. It's encouraging to hear that I'm not the only idiot person spending oodles of $$$ on the whack-a-mole game that I call "Owning a Subaru" :lol:

I think your custom faceplate and ham radio projects will be interesting to follow, but they probably belong in their own threads. Making separate threads will keep this one true as a turbo/engine thread, and your other projects will probably get better and more input if they're in the interior/audio forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Attached is the oil report from Blackstone. Looks like for now I'm running pretty. Going to send another sample after 3,000 miles, and then at 10K (If I make it that far). I will also be updating the first page with this info.

oilreport.PNG.9e0ef50b3e98ea04d874fb264d1474be.PNG

Glad to hear it. I am in the same boat with the blow turbo right now. Nice to see turbo failure isn't always the death of your short block.

I sure hope so! No guarantee, but for now the numbers are looking good! AMileHighGT only got 5K out of his fixed turbo before spinning a rod bearing, so, we'll see how the dice falls for me. :lol:

• 2 months later...

just got the results back from Blackstone - 4,715 miles currently on the engine post turbo replacement and they say I can extend my OCI from 3K to 5K on Rotella T6 and WIX filters...

Again, super thanks to this awesome community. I'm not here often as my car isn't my hobby, but keep up the good work. Super thanks!

• 3 months later...

So put 5,000 miles on the last Rotella T6 and Blackstone has reported the engine is showing less wear than average (compared to other Subaru LGT's from the same year). This puts the turbo replacement, oil system rebuild and stock re-tune from Cryotune at over 10K miles of use, some pretty damn hard. From here on out I will be sending in samples every 10K or so to see how things are looking and keep reporting back.

Looks like I got really lucky. Thanks again for all your help in getting me back on the road.

Archived