LegacyGT.com

Running lights won't turn off

BlackonBlack

Hello,

I have an 05 Outback 2.5XT and my neighbor came over to tell me today my lights were on. I went out and the running lights were on in all 4 corners, but not the running headlights. I tried all the doors, the E-brake, clicked the alarm and started and stopped the car. I could not get them to turn off. I finally had to pull fuse #14 to get them to turn off so my battery would not be ruined.

I assume this is some sort of relay problem that is stuck closed or open. Any one else have this problem? I am planning to head to Subaru this Monday, but was wanting to fix this myself if I could.

Thanks!

Hehe. Yeah, check the switch on top of the steering wheel. I accidently flipped mine on while I was dusting the interior and then noticed the lights on while washing it. I took me like 15 minutes to figure what I had done.
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Luxomissle waGONE

Too weird. I can't believe the sales person didn't warn you of this when you bought it. I was warned when I bought my first subie, and I was sure to always warn all of my customers who bought from me. We were told to warn people because it was such a common issue!

I'm flabbergasted at the number of people (not just subie owners) who don't ever bother to read the manual and know next to nothing about the vehicle they're driving. This is not like a hairdryer people! You should know about the features on your car.

No search?

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//DOTPicsu_gon_get_raped.jpg

LOL

'parking lights'

This is my first subby and I figured that one out without the manual LOL

Its called reading... top to bottom, left to right, group words together to make a sentence, Midol for any cramps, Tylenol for any head aches (might need that one) :D

Dave

Ha funny! I've owned my LGT for 2.5 weeks and today as I was washing and waxing and cleaning I accidentally tripped them on. I was actually starting to diagnose the "electrical problem", pulling fuses and whatnot when about 10 minutes later I had remembered something about a switch on the steering column seen on a previous post here.

If only I'd have read the manual. Anyway, don't feel bad, more than one of us has done this.

Its called reading... top to bottom, left to right, group words together to make a sentence, Midol for any cramps, Tylenol for any head aches (might need that one) :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Too weird. I can't believe the sales person didn't warn you of this when you bought it. I was warned when I bought my first subie, and I was sure to always warn all of my customers who bought from me. We were told to warn people because it was such a common issue!

I'm flabbergasted at the number of people (not just subie owners) who don't ever bother to read the manual and know next to nothing about the vehicle they're driving. This is not like a hairdryer people! You should know about the features on your car.

+1, RTFM

:lol: Waterdish, you're my kinda stupid :lol: I like your subtle, harassing ways :D

Was she wiping off something? Was that picture taken after she was looking up at you? :dm:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Was she wiping off something? Was that picture taken after she was looking up at you? :dm:

Dude- you really don't want to see my private collection of amateur stuff- a little booze and the chickulets say "Oh, you want to use a camera? Just don't show anyone else" :lol:

Dude- you really don't want to see my private collection of amateur stuff- a little booze and the chickulets say "Oh, you want to use a camera? Just don't show anyone else" :lol:

OH........... MY......... GOD............

You didn't just SAY THAT "booze and :dm: THE chickulets.... WOW

BUT, VERY SMART AND RESOURSEFULL :D

Dave

Archived