LegacyGT.com

Purchasing 5th Gen soon anything I need to look for?

KCLeo12

Hey everyone!! I am looking to purchase a 5th with 2.5 limited or 3.6r limited. I know there is a huge difference between the 2 cars. Is there anything specific I should look out for in these to cars that might turn into issues down the road. I don't plan on getting a car with over 35K miles.

Thanks in Advance

H4s have had some oil consumption issues and sync issues with the BlueConnect Eyesight system (eary gen 10-12) other than that not really the 5th gen wasn't isnt a popular mod platform for the two trims you mentioned. If its a manual make sure the transmission shifts smoothly and doesnt make any noises. The H6 is solid mechanically ensure the interior and body is to your liking.

Oh and try to work on the price that never hurts ;)

Thanks. I thought I saw a few threads about oil consumption the last few days as I was trying to make up my mind to buy one or not. I think I am getting a 2013/14 2.5 because it will likely become my daily next year when I move to the PNW.

Some '10 and few early '11 have a highway shimmy ('11 shimmy are much more rare). Before any purchase, they should be test driven on the highway to make sure they don't have the issue. Subaru has a series of TSB to resolve the issue, but the cars are out of warranty and no longer free repair.

'13 and '14 FB25, 2.5i's has some problems with oil consumption. The issue was correct in the later '14 2.5i models. '10-'12 2.5i had a different motor EJ253 that didn't have the oil burning issue.

Archived