LegacyGT.com

the F*$k it project

There was another user (Hobo) who trashed his wagon because his upper radiator hose popped off.

What a crappy way to ruin a motor. Hope you get it back together soon. You have managed to run a week long job into a couple months. keep up the good work :D.

looking forward to seeing the news that Boxkita and Gator are going head to head in their legacy wagons (one can dream).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use the Delo because it has the words "suitable for heavy duty turbo diesel motors" on the front. Given mine sounds like a turbo diesel on startup, I couldn't go wrong.

Course like all my other advice, its based on what worked for me. That my car is in pieces in my garage because oem radiator should not deter you.

:hide:

:lol:

There was another user (Hobo) who trashed his wagon because his upper radiator hose popped off.

What a crappy way to ruin a motor. Hope you get it back together soon. You have managed to run a week long job into a couple months. keep up the good work :D.

looking forward to seeing the news that Boxkita and Gator are going head to head in their legacy wagons (one can dream).

A week long project that was damaged by alcohol, you mean? Yeah, bummed about that.

I'd like to get the car on the track for a run, however, Gator bought my track tires/wheels so I'm not going to be running hard. At some point, we do need a photo shoot of the PNW track wagons on track at the same time.

At the end of a track session, the engine oil & water have exactly the same consistency.

Well similar , but the problem with thick oils is large percentage of oil is lost through the pressure bypass sent back into the oil pan. Oil has two jobs lubricate and cool. So the cooling effect is lost when you go thicker and thicker oils.

My mentor back when i was a twirp would run uber thick oils . Be he would have cracking issues on the bearings. And figured it was just due to the 1400 hp.

Untill some one told him about running thiner oils would take care of that issue.

He then switched to 10w30 and amazingly the bearings lasted and he never had to change them anymore.

And i had the same issues with the turbo buick and when inswitches to thin oils it was fine after.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Stupid question - could you possibly just increase bearing clearances with the expectation that you would be running thicker oils?

yes

thats why diesels run thicker oil. they have larger clearances,

or use thicker oils when your engine is worn or damaged.

So Frank, what do you use in the buckaru? What did you run before the transplant in your boxer?

i run recommended oil grade in my subies, any brand of oils i like to run synthetic.

5w 20 synthetic in the buckaru and my truck.

basically i base it on when the engine is at temp i rev the engine up, and watch the oil pressure gauge. as you rev the engine the oil pressure will reach a peak or stop climbing as fast. thats the point that the relief valve is opening. so i like to have that at about 6000 rpm . if you find that your gauge peaks at 3000 rpm means that half of your oil at 6000 is being bypassed.

if you think about it as your bearings as a restriction , and oil pump is feeding it there is a maximum amount of oil you can pump through that hole at any given pressure. thinner oil will flow more oil through that same hole at the same pressure as thicker oil.

Because there's no such thing as a good sidefeed injector.

My tuner has said the same thing. When I told them I bought dw 740s they recommended Id850's can anyone shed some light as to why? Apparently side feeds are harder to tune but why? I read a thread somewhere on here where someone made a decent case for sidefeeds, and now I can't find it ha. My tuner did however like that I had the dw65c so there's that.

And to the OP, hey man take it easy on those rich kids. It's not their fault their rich haha...it actually isn't but it's still annoying for some reason. But hey everyone is 'rich' to someone. Some kid in a Honda probably can't wait to blow past ur legacy gt lol.

In all seriousness tho I'm glad the forum members here talked me out of some of the parts on my build list. Everyone here seems to have the best intentions. Even if they come off dickish....Cough *tris*

Sub'd lots of great info on here. Now I'm debating on oem sized forged Pistons and a new radiator. What's another grand eh? And why not the the BNR 18g?

The second thing is a good idea. The first. . . well, I think you need to do more research.

The second thing is a good idea. The first. . . well, I think you need to do more research.

But what about that street cred? Lol

Honestly I won't be getting them. I'm almost done shopping and the pain of spending 800-1000 a week for the past 5 weeks is getting to me. Just ordered my killer b oil pan and pick up today.

But to the OP, good luck with your build. Don't rush. just delete your TGVs yourself and get the DW top feed conversion. Save you some cash there too.

Actually only trashed the lh head due to some joker deciding to top off my coolant when i got an oil change coming across the country the out the wrong coolant in and it ended up making this pink sludge that blocked off the coolant passages in the motor and heater core hoses. Cossie sb held up great :) so no #ynansb

UPDATE!!

please dont hate on me. but...i ran into a deal i couldnt pass up. a friend of mine offered to trade straight up my car, in the current condition, with all the parts ive ordered so far (about 5200 and 3900 invested so far) for his 2006 gto. the gto needs trans re-built (m6) and in great shape other wise. stock minus varaam? intake and lsx intake manifold.

so i hate to say it, put ill be parting ways with subaru. i have talked to him about the site (supposidly already a member, his name is justin) and this thread and others about issues and upgrades i had planned. just wanted to say thanks to everyone for thier help and guidance. this has been a great experience here, with all the family feeling kinda atmosphere and willingness to help new owners.

Here we go again

I'm sure we get one of these a week

And they usually are abandoned

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Archived