LegacyGT.com

Experience with AAA roadside assistance?

As the miles creep up on my GT, i'm considering AAA roadside assistance partially because I travel through the hood quite often, and on narrow expressways, so a tire blowout wouldn't be something that I want to deal with. Also, i'm on my original clutch at 100k, that thing can't have too much more life left in it. And I like the idea of having a reputable company to call if i'm stranded somewhere. (Like in Detroit)

Anyway, I noticed while reading the limitations that it states:

Vehicles Not Eligible for Service

Prepaid service or reimbursement will not be provided for vehicles which:

"...have been modified, thus altering the vehicle’s original weight, dimensions or ground clearance (battery, fuel delivery, lock-out and mechanical first aid services excluded)"

Which basically to me says "we won't tow your vehicle if it's lowered/raised."

So, does anyone have any experience using AAA roadside towing with a lowered vehicle? Does anyone here use AAA and care to share their opinion on weather or not it's worth it?

If it helps, i'm in Michigan, metro Detroit area to be exact.

AAA just towed my lowered wagon the other day. If the car is not slammed it will go on a flatbed tow truck no problem. I have the $89 plus membership with 100 miles of towing. Some of the best $ you can spend. Also when they ask if it's lowered I just tell them no.

C'mon -- a good percentage of their business is towing shitbox cars like late-80s and early-90s Hondas that are riding on cut springs and need a tow when their turbo kit blows up, or they run it out of gas.

Like Gex said, if it's not slammed, they'll tow it.

Best money you can spend.

Then get there Visa card. It gives you cash back, that will cover the cost of the membership +. We also get a discount on our car insurance because we have AAA.

I also have there other VISA that gives more money back on gas purchases.

I have been a member since 1991.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm not sure how much AAA costs these days, but I pay $6.40 every 6 months for roadside assistance through geico. Might want to see if your insurance company or cell phone provider offers roadside assistance too.

Archived