LegacyGT.com

Intake For 2002 Legacy

mikey81

HI all i have been looking around for an intake for my 02 legacy for awhile. I have found a few but i am unsure on which one to get. Do any of you have an idea on what one would be best. Also do some of the intakes for the RS fit the legacys? I have seen some web sites trying to sell the Injen intake that fits an RS for the legacy. thanks for your time

mike

If you have a naturally Aspirated Engine.. Search here.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

If you have a turbo.. search here...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Welcome!!

Nice to see another 02-03 bodystyle owner around here.. I think you make 7 maybe 8.. :) I've looked for nearly every mod possible.. most around here have 05's so it's sorta slim pickins for us BE/BH'ers.

:)

Your best bet to find an aftermarket intake is @ Rallitek. They have the Weapon-R secret weapon and from what I have heard and read its pretty good. I bought the last GP-Moto intake from them, but if they had anymore thats the direction that I would steer you in. Whatever you do, do not get the Weapon-R Dragon system it is a piece-o-shiat! good luck in your hunt for aftermarket parts.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Some of the intakes for the RS fit the Legacy's fine. Essentially the same engine layout. Some ones that MAY not be interchangeable are ones that utilize the hole in the fender.

Either way I dont think you can go wrong, just depends how much you are willing to spend and the look you want out of it.

Yes I also have ben looking for an intake for my 01' GT and every tuner shop in colorado tells me that no one makes an intake unless you want to go Weapon R and I dont. I've been trying for Injen or HKS and neither make one. If you know of an intake that stands up to it's reputation let me know.

Yes I also have ben looking for an intake for my 01' GT and every tuner shop in colorado tells me that no one makes an intake unless you want to go Weapon R and I dont. I've been trying for Injen or HKS and neither make one. If you know of an intake that stands up to it's reputation let me know.
Givin' you some love and even more love and just a little bit more love

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Gracias senior, Should I get the complete cold air that connects to my finder. My friend with a REX said that water could splash into it, or is it better to get the ones with the cone on the end of the them. Thanks for the links

Get the Fender one. I had the Ganzflow intake on my 2000 Legacy, and never had any problems of sucking up water. Now if you decide to go through large puddles and the like, there MIGHT be a chance, but at that height even the stock intake woudl suck water.

I have one of the ones that does not go in the fender and, its up to you, but I'd go for one of the ones that doent go into the fender, just incase you encounter large puddles, or get some snow up in there, seeing as you are in Colorado...

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Nice to see another 02-03 bodystyle owner around here.. I think you make 7 maybe 8

don't forget me

any way i really like that custom intake that pdawg linked i know that the guy said he got the pipe bent at a meineke shop but where would you buy a peice of pipe like that cuz i wanna try this out. i am thinking that aluminum pipe would be ideal as it its light. what do you you guys think about the material though?

don't forget me

any way i really like that custom intake that pdawg linked i know that the guy said he got the pipe bent at a meineke shop but where would you buy a peice of pipe like that cuz i wanna try this out. i am thinking that aluminum pipe would be ideal as it its light. what do you you guys think about the material though?

Straight titanium. Thats good an strong. No J/K aluminum is good.

In all honesty buy an intake kit because these things are specifially engineered to work with your car. If a pipe like pdawg mentioned is too long, or too short, too fat or too narrow you can seriously screw up your air/fuel ratio and screw up your injectors and O2-sensors. Now ask yourself, is saving $150 now on the pipe HFS dumbnutt fabbed up worth replacing a $120 O2-sensor, injectors or even pistons due to incorrect mixtures? Just spend the money now and don't fab your own, you'll thank me in the end

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

well the thing is i really don't want to spend alot because in a year when i go to college this car becomes my sisters car so i don;t really want to spend alot of money that i don;t have on stuff for a car that i will only have for a year so i guess i will just hold of and maybe after freshmen year i will have wnough money to buy a decent used car for myself and do some work on that

I did the DIY intake mod like HFS did on the SLi forum. Actually got better gas mileage after installing it. No problems what-so-ever.

-BB98

Just wait for the winters up here, with all the salt and snow, ever wonder why intakes have filters ;)

JDM'd All to hell

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived