LegacyGT.com

What brand catless DP is this?

Catless dp's will provide a bit more power (not much from what I have seen), make your exhaust ridiculously loud (LOTS of drone on highway), and will cause your car to fail some emissions tests.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but IMO if you are planning to have it road legal you should sell this thing and just get a high-flow catted dp. Not to mention the fact that picture 005 gives me a bad feeling that the previous owner whacked it pretty good while driving, which could cause fitment problems/ exhaust leaks...

Do you mind me asking where you got this/ how much you paid?

I actually wasnt planning on even using it on my build, i got it for free with a used longblock a bought not to long ago, im planning on going with high flow catted DP but will i get the same drone at highway speeds?

Adding a high-flow catted DP I didn't get any more noticeable drone. It changed the sound of the turbo a little though.

Adding a high-flow catted DP I didn't get any more noticeable drone. It changed the sound of the turbo a little though.

^^ This. If you want your exhaust to be throaty, yet not obnoxious for commuting, go with the high-flow catted dp. I have heard of people using stock cans with larger mid pipes and catted dp and getting a nice sound that doesn't drone.

I am going for a catted dp to complement my magnaflow catback system. With a stock dp, the magnaflow system has a great throaty tone that has a bit of feedback but never drones. However, we will see what happens once I add the dp. ;)

Id be very interested in how the magnaflow feels and sounds with a HF catted DP, so ill be eagerly awaiting to hear about that, also are there any videos of the Magnaflow catback system sound on a lgt of obxt?

Not sure if there are any for OBXT. I was able to find a bunch of different dp and catback combos for an lgt on youtube, but wasn't looking for an OBXT. Not sure how much of a difference it would make going from lgt to OBXT tho. My hunch is that it may be a little more prone to droning since some of the sound dissipates in the trunk of the lgt before it gets to the cabin.

Just spend like 15 minutes on youtube and see what you can find.

..make your exhaust ridiculously loud (LOTS of drone on highway), and will cause your car to fail some emissions tests.

My 04 FXT has a single muffler and is louder then the legacy stock for stock. When I added a catless downpipe to it, it didn't increase the noise much at all. The only thing I heard was the turbo whistle, no droning or anything.

It would be weird for the legacy to be louder and drony compared to what I saw on my forester, since legacy is quieter stock for stock.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I'll second (third) what's been said regarding catless downpipes. I have an Invidia catless paired to a Borla cat-back and do not have any drone issues. Just sweet, sweet rumble and turbo whistle.

OP, you asked advantages of high-flow cat vs catless... another big one is price. My Invidia unit was about $270 new whereas the catted version was like $200 more.

Catless dp's will make your exhaust ridiculously loud (LOTS of drone on highway)...

I stand corrected. :redface: My initial statement was based on research only, and I am glad someone corrected me before I did any purchasing...

Do any of you guys have sound clips posted anywhere from INSIDE your cars? I would be very interested to hear what the noise level is like.

I stand corrected. :redface: My initial statement was based on research only, and I am glad someone corrected me before I did any purchasing...

Do any of you guys have sound clips posted anywhere from INSIDE your cars? I would be very interested to hear what the noise level is like.

From inside the car my 04 FXT sounded bone stock. Windows open, sounds stock but with turbo whistle. Keep in mind this is with catless uppipe too. O5 LGT with catless up and stage 2 dp (1 cat only), LGT sounds 100% stock inside and outside.

People said car would get louder catless uppipe, personal experience on both of my cars showed no noticeable noise outside or inside.

People said car would get louder with Stage 2 downpipe, once again no noticeable noise increase inside the car or outside, both catless and catted Stage 2 downpipes.

I keep on getting my hopes up on making the car a little louder and rumble more because of what people say, but every time it's been a letdown :lol:. So don't worry, it will still sound stock quiet. Until you get rid of the resonator, then it might get a little louder, but mufflers ultimately would be the noise generators.

Now sadly, I ran out of exhaust mods that people said would make the car louder, next step is aftermarket mufflers, but I'm not ready for that kind of noise. :lol:

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived