LegacyGT.com

In channel vent shades

Hi all. Purchased a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Premium a couple weeks ago. Does anyone have vent shades installed on their Legacy? I tried searching on here as well as google and can't find any yet. I don't really care for the Subaru ones with the chrome on them. I'm looking for the in channel shades which IMO look much better than the stick on frame shades. Thanks.

I've been sending in requests with Weather Tech (at least twice now) and still nothing. Ended up calling them just a few days ago and right now they have nothing in the pipeline. They are working on a set for the Outback now however so I am hoping the door frames are the same.

Actually I have a contact on my Instagram page that assembles the doors for the outback so I'll have to reach out to him and report back. In the mean time use this link and request the vent visors; the more requests the sooner they will make it.

Link: http://www.weathertech.com/service/contact/ (Scroll down to product and in the drop down select "New Product Inquiry").

I know the Legacy isn't the most popular vehicle out there, but I would think there should be enough interest in a product like this to get them thinking about it. I sent my request. Keep me posted on what you find with the doors.

I know the Legacy isn't the most popular vehicle out there, but I would think there should be enough interest in a product like this to get them thinking about it. I sent my request. Keep me posted on what you find with the doors.

Yeah you would think lol. Thanks for putting that request in 👍 .

I spoke to my contact and he believes that the in channel ones shouldn't be a problem; guess I'll have to buy a set when they come out for the Outback to test it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Ok some good news and some bad.

Good news is that I've confirmed the front doors between the Legacy and the Outback have the same window channel.

Bad news is that the rear doors are completely different (visually obvious).

Good news also; I have weather tech a ring to let them know my findings and apparently they have the 2015 Legacy in channel in the works however they do not have a release date just yet.

I'm def in for a set, I had this one all my previous cars. But $200 for these just doesn't do it.

Awesome! Can you just request the product through the link listed above? That'll show interest and hopefully get the product out quicker.

• 1 month later...

Alright guys looks like Weathertech still has no plans to produce this. Idk why they told me they did the last two times I called.

Please take the time to submit a product request on their website so we can get the ball moving on this.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to the parts guy at a subaru dealeeship and he said that because of the possible interference with the eyesight system, they may not make a bug shield for thus legacy. I own a 2015 and I wonder if anyone with earlier model legacies with eyesight who purchased a bug shield has had issues?

RJG

Edited by Rick Grahn

Yeah they do look great; I'm just concerned with then getting ripped off in a car wash. The parts guy even mentioned that it could happen without me ever saying anything.

With in channel ones you don't have that worry/problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus, IMO the in channel just look cleaner., my parents just ordered an outback and the dealer threw in the vent shades so I'll take a closer look st the Subaru ones when it comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked on how different your doors are from the 5th gens? I can't see (visually) any difference. This might open a whole new deal. I run the Prova set up. I hate chrome, and its a solid attachment and I have run through MANY carwashes. Here is what they look like...(middle of the scroll) http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/did-you-do-your-5th-gen-todayii-vol-2-200439.html?p=5054520&highlight=islandborn#post5054520

Here is where you can get them at a great price:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ca-prova-window-visor-brand-new-236369.html

If someone is willing to risk spending $225 to see if they fit that'd be cool, but I'm not willing to do that. I still like discrete in channel much better, but that may never be an option unfortunately.

Hi all. Purchased a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Premium a couple weeks ago. Does anyone have vent shades installed on their Legacy? I tried searching on here as well as google and can't find any yet. I don't really care for the Subaru ones with the chrome on them. I'm looking for the in channel shades which IMO look much better than the stick on frame shades. Thanks.

You do realize the reason for the chrome edge on the vent shades is because it is suppose to keep the chrome trim undisturbed in appearance...otherwise you are breaking up the chrome trim.

I not a fan of the in-channel one's because they distort the oem rubber seal and puts pressure on the glass when fully shut. You also have to use rtv sealant to get rid of all the air that squeezes in around the edges.

I looked in Lund's website and looks they only have for Outback's.

All vent visors make noise, not just the OEM one's. The noise is well worth the inside not baking or smelling IMO.