LegacyGT.com

Over boosting... a lot

Hello there,

What everyone has posted here pretty much hit the nail on the head.

The vf52 will hit higher boost levels *most times* with the same amount of wastegate duty cycle as the vf40. The car can be driven just fine on the stage 1 cobb map but any heavy boost *ie 50-60% throttle * will cause you issues so it should be considered a "limp" map till you get a true calibration.

The hose coming off the wastegate could definitely cause you issues here since it will never send a reference to the wastegate.

I would loop the wastegate to limit boost to 8psi or so until you have the option to get the car calibrated properly.

Thanks and glad to see the forum shedding all the proper info for you, this place is a great resource.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

OP is a college kid. Not gonna happen. Car is also an AT -- it's in boost almost all the time whether you want it to be or not. We've already well established that the 52 needs a custom tune on these cars.

Ah, didn't realise it was a 5EAT. Yeah they are pretty much always in boost haha. Also lead foot syndrome doesn't help :)

Definitely get a protune on that asap

Quick question guys, I will be looping the wastegate this weekend and then in about another two weeks will get an e tune. Right now it's running Cobb stage 1 91 map, is it worth getting a lwg map from Cobb until the e tune or since I'm bypassing the EBCS will it not matter?

Quick question guys, I will be looping the wastegate this weekend and then in about another two weeks will get an e tune. Right now it's running Cobb stage 1 91 map, is it worth getting a lwg map from Cobb until the e tune or since I'm bypassing the EBCS will it not matter?

Doesn't matter.

Edit - why do you have a vf52 with the stock downpipe (it's not gutted right?)

Bought the car like that and after all fixes, like a new short block, no money for one yet. Do you know if Dave will tune it with a stock DP?

I don't know why you would want to tune it with a stock downpipe and a vf52. If you had all the money to buy a new shortblock and the vf52 I would certainly hope you could find the $200 it would cost to get a CNT catless DP or any others of the sorts. The stock downpipe with the plated wastegate side and the super restrictive cats will not make the tune worth it.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I don't know why you would want to tune it with a stock downpipe and a vf52. If you had all the money to buy a new shortblock and the vf52 I would certainly hope you could find the $200 it would cost to get a CNT catless DP or any others of the sorts. The stock downpipe with the plated wastegate side and the super restrictive cats will not make the tune worth it.

Right now, im not looking for power in the tune, all i need is reliability from it and as long as it runs reliably, I dont mind having to get it retuned in the future when i get a DP.

The "stage" definitions mainly refer to how much boost you are running. Therefore if you loop the wastegate and take the ECU out of controlling the boost you will not hit peak boost pressures that the Ecu would want to see. You may run extremely rich until tuned but simply having a DP is not a reason to flash the stage 2 map. Run the stage 1 map until you get that car protuned. And DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR ANYMORE THEN JUST GOING TO THE TUNERS!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived