LegacyGT.com

No downpipe?

I was going to do this after I installed my new turbo but I decided not to because of the o2 sensors and I put the downpipe on anyways.

Now I have to fix it again because I was too lazy to put the last bolt in for the upipe to the turbo.. the downpipe to the axle back caught on a driveway lip when backing out and caused the area where I did not bolt the last mount point for the turbo to lift up.. it's not only loud but idle issues.

What?!? Wait a minute... Shite!!!! The Down Pipe means its suppose to go down? I thought it just meant down stream as in flow.

It looks so cool coming out of the hood, I notched it, and following the angle of the windshield

No wonder none of the bolt holes lined up and I had to have it cut and welded on the other way.

This also explains why Invidia customer service was laughing at me so hard... now they blocked my number.

:D

I was going to do this after I installed my new turbo but I decided not to because of the o2 sensors and I put the downpipe on anyways.

Among the many ways I consider you to be inferior to me, the top of the list is intellectually; forgive me for not being insulted by this.

Of the comments in the thread that's the person you choose to insult....

Wait...why were you seriously considering not putting a downpipe on? Like the mass amounts of heat just pouring from it into your engine bay.

I honestly don't understand how you thought not putting it on would even be an option....

All that shit back there would just be melting...

http://www.jasonborowiec.com/specb/gauges/underhoodboostline.jpg

To everybody saying it was stupid idea... I KNOW! At the time of posting this, how much heat is going through there slipped my mind. Relax guys, i had a stupid moment. Besides, at least I asked before doing something stupid and complaining about.

Relax. Like I said: You get a pass, at least for now.

I know, i just wanted to get across to everybody that I realize now that I think about it more that it was a stupid idea.

Hey, you asked, you got an answer. It's how you deal with the answer you didn't expect and/or didn't want that makes a difference in your experience here. Isn't your brother the one going to school for engineering? He should know these things!

You know, if you decide you want to work on cars, UTI or WYOTech (I forget which, but the good one is in Avondale, AZ) is a much more viable option now than it was when I was your age, and you're just over a decade younger than me - It's cheaper than a four-year, and, if you're worth your stripes, you won't have to fight for a job like most of the 4-year kids, as there's always a need for someone to wrench on something. Now that cars are, for the most part, computers and much more complex than they've ever been, it's no longer a dishonorable or a job for 'dumb brutes' -- it takes more skill and more brains than just sheer brawn to diagnose and repair today's modern vehicles. Food for thought -

Hey, you asked, you got an answer. It's how you deal with the answer you didn't expect and/or didn't want that makes a difference in your experience here. Isn't your brother the one going to school for engineering? He should know these things!

You know, if you decide you want to work on cars, UTI or WYOTech (I forget which, but the good one is in Avondale, AZ) is a much more viable option now than it was when I was your age, and you're just over a decade younger than me - It's cheaper than a four-year, and, if you're worth your stripes, you won't have to fight for a job like most of the 4-year kids, as there's always a need for someone to wrench on something. Now that cars are, for the most part, computers and much more complex than they've ever been, it's no longer a dishonorable or a job for 'dumb brutes' -- it takes more skill and more brains than just sheer brawn to diagnose and repair today's modern vehicles. Food for thought -

The automotive repair industry is hurting for young talented and driven individuals. I see it first hand on a daily basis.

The automotive repair industry is hurting for young talented and driven individuals. I see it first hand on a daily basis.

I only wish I looked good in a jumpsuit, otherwise, I'd do it.

That and, well, you eventually end up wrenching on something you don't like.

I only wish I looked good in a jumpsuit, otherwise, I'd do it.

That and, well, you eventually end up wrenching on something you don't like.

You forget you have to at least start off by dealing with the average owner. The average person cares nothing for their car and considers it a failure when their tires wear out....

Yeah should probably fab a turndown to go past the CV boot. Maybe even hook up to a pipe that will contain the exhaust and force it out the back of the vehicle.

The WRX/STi guys are running it out the fender.

Archived