LegacyGT.com

Body work ?

I got bored and attempted driving much too vigorously around the Colorado mountains and this happened.....

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/06/24f22b279bbcea78fe95b29fc220ebe4.jpg

Body work or replacement of the door/roof panel or just the sh**storm, aka an 8ft tall sapling????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The roof is going to be the hard part to fix. That won't be cheap. The door they can put a new skin on it. Someone backed into me the cost was almost $2000 to replace the door skin.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The roof is going to be the hard part to fix. That won't be cheap. The door they can put a new skin on it. Someone backed into me the cost was almost $2000 to replace the door skin.

Faaaaaaaacccccckkkkkkk!!!!!

Yep, think about all the labor involved in replacing the door skin and changing over the stuff inside the door. The door is much better then the door that came on the car, it's very tight. It was the drivers side rear door that got backed into.

You may be able find a junkyard door. www.car-part.com

The roof is a bigger problem. The head liner will have to be removed and the dent pushed out or a piece cut out and replaced.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I suppose OP is underinsured, too? It'd go down as an at-fault accident, but, since it's by definition a collision, you should make your claim and pay the deductible.

To be honest with you, that kind of damage could very likely end up in a TL situation.

I don't know what the percentage of damage in your state is to consider it a total but, in North Carolina it's 75% of actual cash value. Even if you had to replace the door with a oem shell, blend accordingly and repair that dent in the C pillar your looking at 2500-3000 at best.

I don't know what the percentage of damage in your state is to consider it a total but, in North Carolina it's 75% of actual cash value. Even if you had to replace the door with a oem shell, blend accordingly and repair that dent in the C pillar your looking at 2500-3000 at best.

All of these cars have pearlescent paint, which is, from what I understand, quite difficult to blend properly. The time and and labor involved, in addition to any parts or fab work needed, as well ass the possibility of repainting the entire car would likely total it out.

And if the C-Pillar turned into frame damage, it's game over.

Total cost is likely double your estimate, which would put it well into TL territory -- Car's really only worth about $7500-8900.

Well considering I've been writing damage for 20 years I'm pretty confident in my opinion.

These cars do not all have 3 stage paint. And any competent painter would be able to blend the paint. And you're correct In The assumption that painting the entire car would total it. But no insurance company would pay to refinish the entire vehicle. And would more then likely ask for a spray out panel to be perform before even paying for a blend panel.

This is my everyday.

Yeah, but that sounds like you work for a good shop, not a shop that selectively bids high on jobs they don't want to do ;). If you're okay with a bit of a hack, you could probably use fiber reinforced filler on the pillar, and replace the door with a junkyard one. Blend the paint, good to go.

Archived