LegacyGT.com

Stripped oil pan drain plug

Hey guys,

10k after the head gasket job, still good. Replaced my rad hoses. I just found out my oil pan drain is totally stripped. installed a rubber plug for the moment, but I have to change the oil pan, it s leaking a lot of oil... It was spotted with rust anyway... I only found one maker, PIONEER Part # 501151 160$. Can I install a STI or WRX oil pan without fitting issue ? They charge me 425$ plus tax, around 500 quids for the job at the local garage. I plan on doing it myself but want your advices first. I also found a cork fel pro gasket and a rubber one, victor. What about them vs RTV grey stuff.

Thanks

Jeff

Pay the man, Unless your good with tools and can lift the engine a bit.

Even with my engine on a stand the pan was a bitch to get off the pick up tube.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators

I didn't think the oil pan reinstall was that bad, but I also had my headers off. Loosen engine mounts and pitch stop, jack up motor a bit, remove pan, reinstall.

I used Permatex grey gasket maker. Pretty sure you want to use something similar. Black or grey should work. Lots of folks use somthing called "Right Stuff" i think. I don't think anyone really uses a cork/rubber pre-made gasket.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived