LegacyGT.com

JDM 18" wheels

kanoswrx

Just wondering if anyone knew if its possible to get these wheels in america yet, maybe some vendor can get them. I really love the way they look. Also does anyone know the specs on them, are they 18x7 or 18x7.5, and how much do they weight? Also how much do you think they will cost? Thanks

The Rota Tarmac II is an option. It isn't the absolute lightest, but there are heavier. They are however rather inexpensive at $650 for 17x7.5" and $725 for 18x7.5" (which is 1/2 inch wider than Spec B wheels and allows for a MUCH greater tire selection within recommended fittment range as the 7" is a hair narrow for the populat 225/40R-18 size.) Lugs and center caps are a little bit extra. Still a bargain. I'm told the quality issues have been for the most part sorted out, and these shouldn't have the problems plagued by the lightweight models of a couple years ago. Comparo of 17 to 18" [img]http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/products/Wheels/400/400/TarmacIICompare_Bronze.jpg[/img]

Coming from a WRX I know all about Rota's. I went through 3 sets before selling my WRX. All I have to say is Rota's are the only replica brand wheels I would ever buy, they are amazing quality, and the prices are imposible to beat. That said I don't want to go through 3 sets of wheels again (to expensive even at the low price per set). I would like to buy just one set of really nice wheels. Also I would perfer for them to be very light, lighter then stock, so forged wheels would be neccessary.

After a request from a.n.other I've got the price for the 18x7 spec B wheels from the JDM cars. Apparently the WR limited wheels and the specB are the same, bar the colour. The price from the dealer was 39,000 Yen per wheel. I don't know how much they weigh however, so you could be the same again in shipping :?

Part Numbers 21888AG090 and AG220, but I'm not sure which is the gold one and which is chrome.

top.jpg.42aaec038db421008bb641b21e625eed.jpg

DSCN3493.jpg.fe34f69ba559e52c02312fead3a15c83.jpg

[quote name='agctr']For mine, Im not totally sold on the gold, this colour gold looks a little plastic for my liking then again it may look different LIVE. [/quote] The WR Limited impreza, they had in the showroom looked nice - could be a nice little runaround for the wife.

[quote name='I_am_a_replicant']So SUBE, if I understnad correctly, 18x7 limits tire choices, and 18x7.5 gives lotsa choices? Is that right?[/quote] Yep, basically. A 7inch wide tire, considering a 40 or 45 aspect ratio (sidewall height is 40% or 45% of the listed width in millimeters), can only fit a 205-215mm width tire (stock is 215/45-r17, so I doubt anyone would want NARROWER, except maybe snows.) Adding a half an inch of wheel width (12.7mm), you get to choose between 215 and 225 width tires, So you have the choice of all the tires that come in stock size, 215/45, PLUS All the tires, and there are a lot more of them that come in the more popular sizes of 225/45 or 225/40(common for 18s, as 225/45-r18 series is getting much taller than stock diameter, which affects gearing and speedo on the Legacy.) Not all tires come in all sizes. The more popular a size for OEM and aftermarket fitments, the more tires tend to be offered in that size. 225/45-(17 or 18's) such as Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Porsches, and most other sports/sporty cars with OEM or Aftermarket 17x8 or 18x8 wheels which are much more popular than 215/45-17 (stock Legacy GT 17x7 wheels) If you go to 8 inch wide wheel, as just mentioned, you are pretty firmly in 225 width territory. You might be able to squeeze some 235/40s on there, but that is getting too wide for Legacy fitment (suspension and fender clearance becomes an issue), not to mention that it isn't as popular a tire size.

[quote name='I_am_a_replicant']Now, at the top of the page there is a silver leg with bbs-type wheels. What are those bad boys? Are they an option on the JDM's? Can we get a price on dem?[/quote] From the accy catalogue 92,400 Yen (Each) 18x7.5JJ + 55. [url]http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A//www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/blbp_legacy/cat1.html[/url] There are also chrome BBS wheels (17x7) available at Y361,620 a set. PS does anyone know how to shorten the hyperlink?

[quote name='SUBE555']Interesting MSB. I thought the 18" BBS was 7" wide. Not that it really makes it any more affordable. :P[/quote] [img]http://img54.photobucket.com/albums/v166/MSB11/crop0005.jpg[/img] For anyone that can read Japanese - from the STi brochure - I'll assume that the figure is not given as part of a disclaimer and is the actual size. although I don't know what the bit about the specB says.

So are the Spec B 18" rims, 7 or 7.5" wide, I am going to guess 7.5". Also at 350 dollars a wheel thats a pretty good price, almost half as much as the GC-10's. Are the Spec B wheels forged as well? thanks for all the info.

Archived