LegacyGT.com

Quick question about 07 Legacy

My 2009 non-turbo pictured below doesn't have one, but after looking through parts.subaru.com it does look possible that your 2007 non-turbo should have one.

http://parts.subaru.com/showAssembly.aspx?makeName=subaru&modelYear=2007&modelName=legacy25l-4at-4wd25i-limited-sedan&ukey_assembly=6030561&ukey_category=51505&assembly=b13-572-02

Though after looking a little more, I'm not so sure anymore. The subaru parts website says that undercover part number is also for my car, but I drove my car off the dealer lot with 3 miles and I have no under cover that looks like the one in the diagram. So yeah, I didn't really answer your question, but I did thoroughly confuse myself.

under_2009_sohc.thumb.jpg.4d7352143082d48c15cd10a99e3e0f2f.jpg

There is definitely an aluminum cover under the transfer case. Mine came loose and I had the dealer tighten it once, and another dealer lost it after a major engine repair. Luckily I had my repair order from the first incident because the second dealer claimed it was never there. They replaced it for free. My 2007 SE is non turbo.

Just talked to my mechanic. He said the oil leaking from the head gaskets caused the plastic cover to deform and come into contact with the exhaust, so it melted. He tossed it out. Wish he would have mentioned it. He said a replacement from Subi is $600. Sheash.

Any danger to just leaving it off?

Just talked to my mechanic. He said the oil leaking from the head gaskets caused the plastic cover to deform and come into contact with the exhaust, so it melted. He tossed it out. Wish he would have mentioned it. He said a replacement from Subi is $600. Sheash.

Any danger to just leaving it off?

the bottom of your engime can get banged up. What a couple of my friends did is buy a stop sign off ebay and fabricated it into a skidplate. works wonders

Subarupartswarehouse.com (if you wait, they have sales from time to time)

Heubergersubaruparts.com

Subarupartsonline.com

Part number (I think) is 56410AG15A

Dealer might be cheaper on this item if shipping takes it way up.

Archived