LegacyGT.com

Machined Block vs. New Block

Also their are two forged piston types. 4032 and 2618.

2618 is tough and durable for high hp builds but requires lots of clearance due to expansion. CP/Manley/weisco 500+HP

4032 is stronger than cast but not as strong as 2618 and you can break it with enough knock but it doesn't expand as much allowing for tighter clearances and longer engine life before needing a refresh(new rings) Wossner/mahle 350-500whp

4032 materiel Blend Cosworth. they have a custom mix which that act like 4032 but are stronger, downside is cosworths price 350hp+ these are in some 600+hp builds.

Also their are two forged piston types. 4032 and 2618.

2618 is tough and durable for high hp builds but requires lots of clearance due to expansion. CP/Manley/weisco 500+HP

4032 is stronger than cast but not as strong a 4032 and you can break it with enough knock but it doesn't expand as much allowing for tighter clearances and longer engine life before needing a refresh(new rings) Wossner/mahle 350-500whp

4032 materiel Blend Cosworth. they have a custom mix which that act like 4032 but are stronger, downside is cosworths price 350hp+ these are in some 600+hp builds.

Also, see Boostin's thread here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/those-you-considering-aftermarket-forged-pistons-130635.html

Since I'm in the same boat I recently did some searching around and discovered that If you buy thru Heubergers Ebay store, (not their company website), its a $100 less with a $100 flat shipping rate anywhere CONUS, so its $1800 to your door...

Call me a risk taker but if my car was still a daily driver and not track dedicated as it is now I'd stick with a stock short block at stage 2 power levels all day long. But I REALLY trust my tuner at Cobb / Surgline here in town...

Archived