LegacyGT.com

Headlight cover cleaning?

I'm still trying to figure out why some lenses go yellow and others don't?

My Subaru is 8 years old and still looks great. Others of the same style look like they have glaucoma & cataracts!

My lenses looked good when I parked on a garage ramp out of the sunlight. I also cover the car when it's sitting outside to prevent the paint from cooking. With a southern exposure in my driveway, only the tops of the lenses seem to get the haze, where the sun hits them directly.

My wife's 2000 Acura still is crystal clear, but that car spends most of its time in the garage out of UV exposure.

I had a friend of mine help me out with this the other day. I could've probably done it, but I bought him a milkshake and he buffed for me. I wetsanded them with 1500 grit, then he buffed them with compound, I couldn't tell you what exactly he used. Then I waxed them, to seal them. Probably some form of UV protection would be good. They look great though!

I need to do my headlight. I did read about getting UV clear coat spray. Went to Home Depot looking for rustoleom or whatever brand of UV spray, didn't have any. Have to find some online I guess.

Yeah I know what you mean. I meant to post the YouTube video that suggested the same.

*edit* this spray is what you mean?

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

Yep that's it! Clear coat with UV protection. Stange HD didn't have any.

Yep that's it! Clear coat with UV protection. Stange HD didn't have any.

HD app doesn't list an American Accents clear at all. Seems like the company keeps killing off paints. I been trying to find more of the duo but that also been a task.

*Edit*

They changed the name of it. There is like 30 on the shelf here.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/DC8D56C8-B347-4B94-AA52-82E06F83831F_zpssd7pc5kh.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/FAE11755-65B8-4773-958F-7C069B2A467D_zpsq92e4jms.jpg

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

Archived