LegacyGT.com

scrunched up seat heater, easy to fix?

My seat heater in my 05 (MY05, 04 production) get significantly uncomfortable after a few minutes of high. Its not a problem really as it heats up nice and quick, but its annoying.

So when I got my Seek thermal camera, I investigated the cause.

see below:

15511985433_41005210fa_c.jpg

So you can see the top is nice an uniform. The bottom is all scrunched up and makes a mess. Gets real hot, but then i have to turn it down and it doesnt really make the seat warm, just that one spot.

TL;DR: How hard is it to remove the seat cover, and access the wires for the seat heater. I think on one of my subarus i remember a zipper or something that you could undo to take the seat apart. Even if I can, are those wires buried in the padding? Whats it going to take for me to fix?

Here's a good start:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fix-your-heated-seat-106069.html

And if you're not feeling entirely up to replacing things, and just want to investigate for now:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/seat-heater-stopped-working-148974.html

I need to try and do my drivers seat when the weather warms up

I have the same issue with my seat. Gets way too hot in one spot. Good to know I'm not the only one.

When I had my LGT I pulled the leather off the bottom part of the seat a couple times. Its really not bad at all. Once the seat is out of the car I think its only 6 bolts. Get good hog ring pliers and follow the DIY and it shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

I have the same issue with my seat. Gets way too hot in one spot. Good to know I'm not the only one.

When I had my LGT I pulled the leather off the bottom part of the seat a couple times. Its really not bad at all. Once the seat is out of the car I think its only 6 bolts. Get good hog ring pliers and follow the DIY and it shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

Where do you find hog ring pliers? And say it's a broken wire where is it at? I skimmed over that seat heater fix quick one day but I think the spring coil is what causes it to kill the power to the seat heater?

Where do you find hog ring pliers? And say it's a broken wire where is it at? I skimmed over that seat heater fix quick one day but I think the spring coil is what causes it to kill the power to the seat heater?

Not sure, I think amazon or ebay. Bought a hog ring pliers and a bunch of hob rings for $25 I think

Not sure about fixing the existing seat heater. I believe you'd be better off just buying a new one from Subaru

Not sure, I think amazon or ebay. Bought a hog ring pliers and a bunch of hob rings for $25 I think

Not sure about fixing the existing seat heater. I believe you'd be better off just buying a new one from Subaru

This.

There's a PN in the thread(s) I linked.

Archived