LegacyGT.com

Problems after engine swap

OK, long story short. Just had the motor in my 2010 legacy limited replaced by a highly reputable tech. Since the new motor has been in, the blue temperature indicater stays on 30+ min. longer now due to winter.

Also the ABS, traction control and BRAKE indicator lights are on. If I disconnected the battery & reconnect, these lights remain off until cruise is set.

These are two separate problems, so I'm sorry this may be confusing but if anyone has any ideas or questions I will try to elaborate.

Thanks

The temp light ma be due to the incorrent Thermo in the water pump i.e. temp rating too low allowing cold coolant to flow earlier i.e. the engine stays colder for longer.

Do the other lights blink or constantly burn? If they are blinking that is good as you can pull the code and it wil tell you exactly whats wrong. If they are solid something may be connected improperly or disconnected all together or maybe a fuse blew.

See if your car has any trouble codes stored in the ECU first as that will pinpoint the issue(s).

If the mil illuminates then it generally cuts out cruise,abs, trac.. So I agree with moral hazard, get the fault codes and I'm sure you'll find its an engine code andthe other lights are simply on because the computer cuts those systems to try and protect itself.

Archived