LegacyGT.com

Replacing LGT w/ F150 EcoBoost or WRX or Another LGT

What was the guy at the strip running? Ford really leaves a lot of room left in tuning I hear.

It was around a 14.5 at 95mph...around.

He said he had an aggressive tune that was putting him in the 13's.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me that's not that impressive.

What would you expect a 5300lbs vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick to run stock?

Try 5400+

And, I wish I could do a 14.2 1/4 mile in my Legacy. Mine hovers around 14.6@96mph

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

OP...getting back to your thread...

...i dont think you can go wrong with the truck. But, will you start jonesing for something sporty?

OP...getting back to your thread...

...i dont think you can go wrong with the truck. But, will you start jonesing for something sporty?

This is what I'm afraid of. I've always had a "sporty" car that I've driven with some spirit from time to time. The truck would be comfortable, handy, practical (except on fuel to some extent). But you're right, it wouldn't make sense to lay out all that money on a truck then have the itch for a sports car.

It'll be a long time before I'll be able to keep a true sports car that isn't also my daily driver.

Been there done that...

when I got divorced the second time, I bought a 1995 pathfinder 5mt (great suv by the way), and sold my G35 coupe 6mt.

Two weeks later, I bought a brand new EVO VIII.

Ended up selling the pathfinder a few months later. (yes, should have kept it but....)

Hindsight = Don't give up your sports car.

I love my 2013 5.0L F150 XLT 4x4, the interior is huge (4 door) and the ride is nice. I thought about the Eco boost but I figured the 5.0 would have the edge in long term reliability and Ford was giving a nice incentive on 5.0 XLTs when I bought mine. My wife and I were playing a little bit and she dropped the hammer on the truck after making the turn on to our road, I was a little surprised how long it took me to reel her in with the LGT. She did have a couple second jump on me but impressive for a stock truck none the less.

Archived