LegacyGT.com

Rpm bounce ??

FWIW, My 05 wagon will bounce sometimes after I back into the parking spot at work, I just rev it once and it stabilizes.

What does your car do when not driving it, just sitting in a parking spot, does it still bounce ?

Driving it may have a different effect.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you had your timing belt changed recently? If so, and the car stumbes at idle when coming to a stop, then it could be off a tooth. When I had my belt changed they had it advanced one tooth on one cam, and the computer was trying to correct it by retarding the timing. When coming to a stop the RPMs would drop to the point it would almost die, and sometimes it did.

HAve you replaced the small black o rings between the TGV's and intake manifold yet? if you don't have the larger orangs ones in there you could have a small vacuum leak there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-rough-idle-cold-start-cold-temps-lgt-07-09-155325.html

Yes, you'd generate boost fine. My car actually has the same issue, though it's not as pronounced. Generally stumble like this happens when it's colder, and before the engine is fully warmed up. Weather or not this is the cause of what you're experiencing; I can't truly say, but it is some insight.

Yes, it sure can be. But it shouldn't take too long according to most people...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sheffield-Tools-58780-Hook-Piece/dp/B002KHNCSS/]Sheffield Tools 58780 Hook And Pick Set, 4 Piece - Hand Tool Sets - Amazon.com[/ame]

I've heard that these picks are almost vital doing this job, so I picked up a set. I just haven't had time to install my gaskets yet.

You can do an idle relearn.

Basically you disconnect the battery and reconnect it after 1 min

With the car cold you start it and turn everything on

If auto block wheels and put in drive

Let the car idle untill reached temperature.

Basically the car doesnt know where to put the throttle. It has default values but due to dofferences between engines and a million varibles things change.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

You can do an idle relearn.

Basically you disconnect the battery and reconnect it after 1 min

With the car cold you start it and turn everything on

If auto block wheels and put in drive

Let the car idle untill reached temperature.

Basically the car doesnt know where to put the throttle. It has default values but due to dofferences between engines and a million varibles things change.

I've seen this mentioned, what does this do and how does it help, over driving the car for 10 miles or so? Obv it's relearning with the car in drive and throttle is a open a bit.

I've also read about the brake method. Holding the brakes, and pushing the gas to hold the RPM's at 2500 for 10 - 15 seconds or whatever the timing is.

Are these just for a quick relearn?

the ecm has default values for several things

ignition advance multiplier

fuel adjustment

idle initial values

the fuel and iam are adjusting when driving.

the idle initial values are set with the first warm up ,

so it has a table ,, at this coolant temperature put the throttle plate at this angle..

once the initial angle is reached it then looks at the table for desired idle rpm.

so it will open or close the throttle to reach desired idle rpm.

so when you rev and let off the throttle it goes to initial angle. waits for the rpms to be with in range and then fine tunes idle.

so some cars will have slightly angle to far open some will have it very close and some will have it to far closed.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived