LegacyGT.com

Cruise Control Retrofitting

As per title, has anyone done it? I found a few guides that actually show it's very very easy to do with OEM parts. All you need is the steering wheel buttons and a 4-pin brake pedal switch, the ECU does the rest.

When I get my parts I'll take as many photos as I can because I'm surprised there's no info on LGT about it at all! I was stunned when I found out this could be done for under $100 NZD

To those who have done it (if any) what sort of hiccups did you come across?

My extensive research, and confirmation from others who have done it on another forum shows that you just plug and play. When you turn the car back on it detects the new components and shows a loading bar (no one knows what it says because we all have JDM models with Japanese writing on the dash). Then boom, you now have cruise control. Lights on the dash may or may not be there/work but that's not too important

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I hava Legacy B4 2.0GTAutomatic transmission, JDM model too. I buy legacy cruise switch that and connect that to connector inside steering wheel. All seems very good when i put key in ON position Cruise and Set light work on. I am very happy because think that work now.. i left test driving, but not get any situation that SET light come on. Cruise light goes ok when i put that switch top of cruise, and get that OFF too. But i try move switch every direction long/and short tryouts, i also try different speed and sport/D situations in automatic gear box. But that SET light not come ON and speed not set.

I just check and my brake switch is 2wires model, but not see any wiring connector near that what have 4wires? Or do not need 4wires model in JDM versions or automatic versions?

Now i try to get my battery disconnected about 5minutes and put that back on but not helping.

That loading bar needs to show in navigation touch screen?

I am very thankfull if some one can help my with this situation.

• 1 year later...
As per title, has anyone done it? I found a few guides that actually show it's very very easy to do with OEM parts. All you need is the steering wheel buttons and a 4-pin brake pedal switch, the ECU does the rest.

When I get my parts I'll take as many photos as I can because I'm surprised there's no info on LGT about it at all! I was stunned when I found out this could be done for under $100 NZD

To those who have done it (if any) what sort of hiccups did you come across?

Hi where is the writeup on the parts needed etc?

There are a lot of JDM imports in NZ, and very few JDM cars of any brand were offered with cruise control. Here in the US/Canada, all 4th gen Legacys have cruise control so retrofitting isn't something we would know a whole lot about.

Archived