LegacyGT.com

Possible vendor here...

BrownBoy

So I've got a source for cheap car electronics...cleansweeps, amps, subs, etc. Would you guys be interested in stuff if I set up a LGT.com "shop" (I've already PMed Tide about possible vendor status) I can get you guys things on a need-basis. You tell me what you want, I try to get it for you. I'm still working this out w/ my friend, and also pending Tide's approval. Lemme know if you guys would be interested in me setting this up for you guys...:)

Why does this sound so sketchy to me? ... what's the rest of the story?
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

It's nothing sketchy at all. It's a very simple thing. Not a big chain, etc. Small local electronics store, run by ppl, not a big company. They get wholesaler prices, they sell it cheaper than most retail setups b/c they dont have to make alot of money an in profit. They could charge the regular prices, but everyone knows that a shop never charges MSRP for the products they install, sell, etc. Same thing here...oh yeah. NOTHING is stolen, broken, etc. Brand new, straight from the distributor products.

Yeah, most of the "known" Houston area places do charge through the roof, but it's for the installation that they charge you...I can actually show you the way to a good, cheap installer too.;) Just PM me w/ what you want...I'll see if I can get it, and what it would cost. You can go w/ the price I quote you, or try to find a better deal.:)

:rolleyes: Umm...most reputable products would have no warranty through the setup you are describing. Many dealer agreements specifically state no online transactions....that means if a dealer is caught doing it, they might lose their ability to get the product. They should know this already so I would surmise they arent an authorized dealer. :(

I strongly suggest you support your local dealers. Most will give you a fair price if you ask for one. There are benefits to a manufacturer's warranty and an exchange or upgrade policy from the dealer. ;)

If you guys have Q's about gear....please, let me know. I used to be in the business for quite a few years. I can tell you what's good and what's not, as well as basic system design advice.

oh sh!t. I did not know about the online selling not keeping your warranty in tact. I better check w/ this shop on that. Thanks for that PGT. I did not mean to mislead anyone on this. I'll have to check back in w/ you guys. Well, this is still up for any Houston area guys though, keeping the warranty in place and all.

I don't care where the stuff comes from or if it has a warantee. As long as it is a quality product and works. Hell I dont care if NALegacy's

friend
is selling stuff out of the back of a van. As long as is is inexpensive and high quality.

Oh yea!, and I would rather not go to jail over it. Am I asking too much??

I don't care where the stuff comes from or if it has a warantee. As long as it is a quality product and works. Hell I dont care if NALegacy's is selling stuff out of the back of a van. As long as is is inexpensive and high quality.

Oh yea!, and I would rather not go to jail over it. Am I asking too much??

this isn't just about getting us a deal, but about a flaw in the master plan. Most reputable brands won't allow dealers to sell online. You may get your product cheap, but the dealer will lose the prduct line if they get caught.

If you want a deal....check out the MBQuart amps on Crutchfield.com - they are on clearance at the moment and an absolute STEAL. $249 for a $700 amp. ;)

Damn you trying to be helpful. It is a good way for them to learn a lesson. I prefer to watch them suffer through their mistakes though. :D

I'm not saying it can't happen....just not openly on the int4rw3b ;)

YO, keep this on the DL, but I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you anything you want. You let me know what it is and he can get it to you at 1/2 the price. :D

funny thing about that is there's a kid I work with here who tell's me he can get me a 42' DLP at 1/2 price.:rolleyes:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

42 foot! :eek: Sign me up!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ooops! yeah that would be sweeeett!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Ok guys. Update: Talked w/ the shop. The guys at the shop were trying to set things up, but they contacted the owner about the situation I mentioned; he called someone or something, and said that, indeed, the situation is how PGT said. Sorry for my rushing into things, but I have decided to keep this within the HOUSTON area, therefore, ppl would keep their warranties, etc. And I definately don't want this shop going out of business (my friend is employed there, and would therefore, be UNemployed). SO, if you are in the Houston area, and would like something, gimme a PM. And one question I have is, how is it that Cleansweeps are sold online though? Are authorized dealers allowed to sell Cleansweeps online? But anyway, if it's not too much trouble, could one of the mods. please move this to the appropriate region, which would be South Central. Once again, I'm sorry for this, blame it on my n00bInesS. :redface: Forgive me. Have a nice day ppl!:)

Archived