LegacyGT.com

Smoke and rough idle

This just started and I can't figure out where it's coming from.. I have a strong burning oil smell in the car and the idle is rough when idling.. when driving smoke comes from the turbo area but only after you come to a stop do you see it.

the acceleration is a little awkward in which it sometimes may or may not cause the car the be very jerky.

mmmh your turbo may be failing. Have you checked your banjo bolt filters? I'd check the turbo conditions asap (shaft play, oil leaks, etc..).

The filters where already removed and I checked for shaft play about 3 weeks ago I had none.

anyone have the part number for the OCV?

I had the smoke issue- leaking valve cover gasket.

But if you are pulling that code at the same time, I would suspect turbo oil feed lines dumping oil on the exhaust.

That's true. The clamp can become loose overtime, and the hose can also harden..

Amazon has it cheaper. $78.16 plus shipping.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-SUBARU-OIL-CONTROL-VALVE/dp/B00BFF7LTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418378542&sr=8-1&keywords=subaru+ocv]Amazon.com: GENUINE SUBARU OIL CONTROL VALVE OSV - 10921AA020: Automotive[/ame]

Passenger side OCV does share the same oil feed line with the turbo.

I did a video since I did not log but at least one ocv is 8 percent off from the other. Also the knock advance is almost always -11.50 when over a say 2k but it's been like that since I first logged 2 months ago that I'm not really concerned with.

Fine Knock Learning is -11.5, or is your Feedback Knock -11.5?

Feedback knock is real time knock correction, fine knock learning is a timing table entry the ECU puts in for that RPM range to consistently pull that much timing in that RPM/load range due to seeing extended knock in that range for extended times.

Pulling 11.5 degrees of timing is pretty severe- but I am also in a similar situation with occasional -12 degree of feedback knock and -4.5 for fine knock learning between 2500 to 3200 rpm.

OCVs should not fluctuate more than 4-5% at any given time- some would say less than 3%. It's a good thing you are replacing them- my OCVs do not fluctuate that much.

The table lists knock correction advance so I don't know if that's real time or what.

As for the OCV I'm only replacing the one that's bad and bank 1 should be passenger side?

Highest difference with the OCV I have seen was a 10% difference

The terms I used were for Cobb AP- I don't know how they relate to a open source logging technique. One of the more experienced guys- or tuner- will have to take you up on that one.

Crankcase pressure causing your dip stick to pop out is also a bit concerning....

Archived