LegacyGT.com

Gauge wiring questions

I have Auto Meter electric boost and oil pressure gauges installed. Have a couple of wiring questions. I am going to wire using a fuse tap. This will not allow dimming with dash lights. 2 questions: Can I wire both gauges red (power) & white (lighting) to the same outlet?

2nd if I do want dimming, which wire in that dimming rollwe switch plug do I tap into? I havent opened it up yet but it looks like there are 4 or 5 wires in that plug.

I have Auto Meter electric boost and oil pressure gauges installed. Have a couple of wiring questions. I am going to wire using a fuse tap. This will not allow dimming with dash lights. 2 questions: Can I wire both gauges red (power) & white (lighting) to the same outlet?

2nd if I do want dimming, which wire in that dimming rollwe switch plug do I tap into? I havent opened it up yet but it looks like there are 4 or 5 wires in that plug.

I tapped the ignition fuse for my wideband and oil pressure gauges so they are only on with the ignition on (not acc) and tapped the tail lights/clearance fuse for the gauge dimmer.

Good luck.

This is what I've done. I now have three gauges on the same circuit (fuse taps) and have never had an issue. If you wire the dimming circuit the way I did it will dim with your dash lights.

I got them installed and wired up. Just picked different fuses since I couldnt see any ign fuse. Dark with no lights and lit up with lights on. No actual dimming but I suppose that will do.

I still have to set the gauges for range & warnings. I notice at idle the red light comes on as oil pressure drops below 30 psi. OEM light does not come on. Of course its not set yet, but what are good operating min/max oil pressure range and what should I set the gauge warning light at?

Also what boost pressure should I set boost gauge? Just whatever it maxes out at or 1-2 over or what?

Archived