LegacyGT.com

Drive Shaft

You can get an aftermarket shaft cheaper then the OEM. HAMMERDOWN did and a few other guy's.

JmP sticky up top has the info I think. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

See what "underdog" can do for you if you have trouble finding one. He's great to work with. Tell him your problem, he'll recommend what you need to fix it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Pottsville. I bought a used unit yesterday which ended up being the wrong one but the carrier bearings felt similar. More play than I think. Mine is 58.5 inches long end to end. How much Rester. Hopefully the place I got the wrong unit from has the right one.

OP, how do you tell the bearing is shot? Sorry to threadjack but I have a lot of vibration coming from the driveline and suspect the driveshaft. The ujoints were pretty notchy, but I never thought to check the center bearing. How do you tell if its bad?

For those buying a used driveshaft, the driveshafts are different between auto and manual. And the outback ones are different than the legacy

Pottsville. I bought a used unit yesterday which ended up being the wrong one but the carrier bearings felt similar. More play than I think. Mine is 58.5 inches long end to end. How much Rester. Hopefully the place I got the wrong unit from has the right one.

My ds is from a 5eat OBxt so it probably won't work.

OP, how do you tell the bearing is shot? Sorry to threadjack but I have a lot of vibration coming from the driveline and suspect the driveshaft. The ujoints were pretty notchy, but I never thought to check the center bearing. How do you tell if its bad?

For those buying a used driveshaft, the driveshafts are different between auto and manual. And the outback ones are different than the legacy

Good info thanks.

Drive line vibrations travel. Thanks for eveyones input but I fixed it. I feel like a moron that I missed the real problem. Loose wheel. I must have checked that wheel for play five time before realizing lugs were only finger tight. So I now have an extra drive shaft if anyone needs one.

Archived