LegacyGT.com

Day 1 of Clutch Replacement

Damnit, forgot anti seize. I actually wanted to do that.

Trans is back on, was actually easier than pulling it got the axles back in fine. I couldn't use the codder pins back in on one of the crown nuts. Didn't have room and didn't want to loosen it. Don't know how good of an idea that was.

Got the drive shaft and trans mount back on. Going to do the rest during the week.

You need to tighten the castle nut more and stick a cotter pin in there. Do not loosen it to line up the hole.

A box end wrench and a hammer may be needed to aid in seeing what your doing, I find it easier then a socket on a 1/2" ratchet.

Also You put anit-seize on anything that has threads or is an alignment pin. Yes even lug nuts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So I am finished a drove it today. I petal is a lot lighter than previously and the clutch engages really close to the floor (maybe 2 inches).

The thing grabs crazy fast, guessing because it is new.

Overall I'm happy with it, it took the car a good 10 minutes to learn how to idle after not being run for almost 3 weeks.

I was able to sit Indian style in the bell housing.

:lol: My friend did that once while we were smoking spleefs and doing his 240z clutch. I came out of the house after grabbing a beer and hear him yell with success "I am the transmission!!!"

Archived