LegacyGT.com

New Up Pipe Install

Hey all,

So I just purchased my new up pipe for my 06 LGT and was wondering if there are any install guides here on the forums? I have been looking for a few days now and have not been able to locate anything. If any of you have some advise or a guide you could share with me I would appreciate any and all help.

Grimmspeed Video

I found this video EXTREMELY helpful.

CovertRussian's Up-Pipe install

Infamous Up Pipe Install - M Sprank

I found that I had to jack the engine up in order to get the OEM up pipe out. My dad's friend Mike, who did an uppipe install on his earlier model WRX had to do the same. When/If you jack up the engine, make sure you jack it up by the oil pan, with a block of wood seperating the oil pan from the jack so you don't puncture the oil pan. This isn't a hard job, but it isn't easy either, so take your time, take deep breaths, and make sure you use all new gaskets. Your OEM gaskets are nearing 10 years old, they're shot, don't reuse them; it's not worth a pre turbo exhaust leak considering how much of a pain in the butt this whole process can turn out to be.

Because my exhaust bolts were rotted on all the way to the tips, I ended up having to drop the downpipe, and the entire exhaust system along with it. I did not have to remove the crossover pipe, but I did have to remove the passanger header, and you will too.

Archived