LegacyGT.com

What are LGT Limited Wagons with MT selling for these days?

OK,I'll chime in. I looked for a 5mt silver wagon for a long time before settling on a 5eat limited gt silver wagon. My situation was slightly.different as I was looking for a complete car, but one that needed a rebuild. I ended up picking up my car for 5300 with a running, but not healthy motor. Body and interior are immaculate. However, I have since tried to purchase about 10 5mt LTD BSM wagons to no avail. Most owners are asking way to much for the condition. If I was looking to get into a car needing no work, I'd gladly pay $7500-$9000 for the right car. But since I just need a good complete but not necessarily running car, I'm looking to spend $4000-$5000. In all honesty, you will have a hard time getting more than about $10k. Banks won't loan much on a 2005 vehicle. The last one I tried to buy, the bank would only loan $4000, even with stellar credit. I'd love to get into a 5/6 MT BSM LTD wagon chassis, and like it was mentioned, 190 made so it has been difficult. Just temember, these cars are rare, but they are not gold plated and made from unicorn tears.

My 2 cents coming from the north-east region and experience... Be aware that, aside from dealers, there is a regular/primary market (the masses) and an enthusiast/secondary market (emotional, sometimes irrational, gearheads) like many folks on this board.

KBB is not the best value gauge IMO. I find NADA much more inline with the real world. Besides, what some Web guide will value your car at, compared to whats advertised abd what cars are actually selling for privately, are often wildy different. Based on the limited description, your car would sell in these parts from $7,500 - $9,000 today with enthusiasts being on the higher side of the scale.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/09/92c4b8e2de1ee55a641cb8a961054a87.jpg

Just to give you an idea, mine is a 2006 LGT and had 170k on it when I bought it a year ago with one owner and mostly highway miles.. it has a rebuilt turbo and new water pump when I purchased it. Leather interior. Paid 8k for it.

Since then the motor has been rebuilt by Outfront motorsports with WRX forged pistons, ARP rod bolts and WRX motor mounts as well as a new radiator. (Just bragging) but the rebuild cost me about 6k.

Hopefully that will give you an idea what to ask for your car.

I bought my 05 5MT limited wagon in February this year with 53K miles for $10K. I know I got a once in a lifetime deal on mine having such low mileage as ones with double the mileage had the same asking price. When I got it I was ready to spend $15k to get near the mileage the one I ended up getting had but I got lucky and was able to get this one. If I were in your position I would probably put an asking price of $12500 and then be somewhat flexible from there on how much you take.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

soo a year ago i bought my 05 lgt limited mt wagon, black leather and all. 107xxx miles for $12k. the burnt valves are a HUGE problems seeing I had the problem and it costed me a pretty penny. running so so lean so maybe a nice tune before you sell could be good.

here in colorado, you could sell this car quick as I go to meet all the time and people love my wagon.

I say you keep it ;)

soo a year ago i bought my 05 lgt limited mt wagon, black leather and all. 107xxx miles for $12k. the burnt valves are a HUGE problems seeing I had the problem and it costed me a pretty penny. running so so lean so maybe a nice tune before you sell could be good.

here in colorado, you could sell this car quick as I go to meet all the time and people love my wagon.

I say you keep it ;)

I'd love to keep it as it is a great Colorado car and has served us well for nearly 10 years, but my garage just isn't big enough and it doesn't get driven enough... I wish I could justify having 3 cars but my wife tells me I'm crazy!

Archived