LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light

I have a picture of the banjo in my click here link in my sig, you'll see it in the back ground in one of the pictures.

THere are other threads on here that show it better.

May be check out "covertrussian's" thread, he has a ton of pictures there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ok, so looking at CovertRussians thread, the only banjo bolts I need to worry about are down on the top of the housing that the OCV's slide into? If that's the case, it makes it a lot easier...and I was definitely looking at the wrong banjo bolt this past weekend.

My only focus at this point is to make this engine run as long as possible...so longevity mod suggestions are welcome.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4770.jpg

The banjo that goes into that tube is the one with the filter. Same banjo as behind the cam gear on the drivers side head.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

OK, so I checked the banjo bolts on the heads (on top of the OCV housing) and both of those Banjo Bolts have the filters removed. I tried like hell to get to the turbo banjo but couldn't get in there, seems like I would need to remove the turbo? I will try again sometime this week, but I am thinking that if the banjo bolts on the heads had the filter removed that someone also removed the filter from the turbo banjo...seems like whoever had this car previously may be on this forum.

On another note...I am having the dreaded starter screech as well. I read some posts on here and tried the quick release of the key when starting and it definitely helped reduce the amount of screech.

And lastly, I am also having what I believe is the wheel bearing going out on this thing well. I just need to figure out which one is making the noise because I can't afford to do them all right now. Thanks again to this forum...every time something goes wrong on this car I can always find the answer or great advice on here.

And it definitely seems like it is one thing after another on this car.

Thanks again to this forum...every time something goes wrong on this car I can't find the answer or great advice on here.

Maybe you'll have better luck on NASIOC, then. :rolleyes:

OK, so I checked the banjo bolts on the heads (on top of the OCV housing) and both of those Banjo Bolts have the filters removed. I tried like hell to get to the turbo banjo but couldn't get in there, seems like I would need to remove the turbo? I will try again sometime this week, but I am thinking that if the banjo bolts on the heads had the filter removed that someone also removed the filter from the turbo banjo...seems like whoever had this car previously may be on this forum.

On another note...I am having the dreaded starter screech as well. I read some posts on here and tried the quick release of the key when starting and it definitely helped reduce the amount of screech.

And lastly, I am also having what I believe is the wheel bearing going out on this thing well. I just need to figure out which one is making the noise because I can't afford to do them all right now. Thanks again to this forum...every time something goes wrong on this car I can always find the answer or great advice on here.

The top banjo's don't have filters as far as I know. The only banjos with filters are on the heads. A 17mm ratcheting stubby box wrench is the tool you need for the rear, passenger side in my picture.

You may want to do another oil/filter change in a few hundered mailes.

You can remove the tmic, pull the starter out, grease the shaft on the starter and put it back in, takes an hour or so.

Drive on the highway, may you can ride in the back seat, turn everything that makes noise off, take the car on a fly over if you can. Listen for the humming to change at the different corners of the car. That's the bad bearing.

Where in TX are you ?

I live near Fort Hood, Texas (Harker Heights). I bought the car from a guy in Austin.

Oh ok, I will definitely ensure I take the time to get to those banjo's as well as soon as I can.

My plan is to get an oil change every month...which actually isn't too far off a normal OCI since I put about 2500 miles per month with my commute. It's only $35 for high mileage oil change at Wally World, so it's definitely worth it.

I will definitely take the time to pull the starter as well.

There are some great Subby shop's around Dallas. Hoping you were close. Your states a little bigger the CT. LOL

There is a sticky on greasing the starter.

The tmic is easy to remove, it's even easier after you've done it about 30 times...you'll find out...LOL

Remember PB Blaster and Anti-sieze compound everything, even use anti-sieze on lug nuts.

My plan is to get an oil change every month...which actually isn't too far off a normal OCI since I put about 2500 miles per month with my commute. It's only $35 for high mileage oil change at Wally World, so it's definitely worth it.

. . . And an engine rebuild is about $5k, on average. Is it "worth it" to let idiots put cheap oil into your car?

If you simply MUST goto Wallyworld, grab the big ol' jug of Rotella T6. And then take it somewhere else if you're not down with changing your own oil.

You DO know how to change your own oil, right?

Seriously? WTF is wrong with you two? I come on this forum to get advice and get slandered?

Additionally, I don't really think Pennzoil High Mileage is shit oil...I've personally watched them put it in the vehicle.

R15: By your post count I can see that you are even newer on here than I am. But your comments are alarming and if I was a moderator you would already be banned.

FYI, I am more than capable of performing plenty of maintenance on this vehicle...but I do not live in a location where I can have the tools/equipment to perform things like an oil change. Can't piss off the landlord as I don't want to be forced to move.

Excuse me for coming to this forum for advice...

Seriously? WTF is wrong with you two? I come on this forum to get advice and get slandered?

Additionally, I don't really think Pennzoil High Mileage is shit oil...I've personally watched them put it in the vehicle.

R15: By your post count I can see that you are even newer on here than I am. But your comments are alarming and if I was a moderator you would already be banned.

FYI, I am more than capable of performing plenty of maintenance on this vehicle...but I do not live in a location where I can have the tools/equipment to perform things like an oil change. Can't piss off the landlord as I don't want to be forced to move.

Nevermind, just re-read the thread.

Drive it until dies.

Keep up the good work!

Additionally, I don't really think Pennzoil High Mileage is **** oil...I've personally watched them put it in the vehicle.

The type of oil best used in the LGT turbo motor has long been debated on this forum, as in years. This thread, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clearing-up-all-oil-info-79800.html, has more information about it. Suffice it to say, your choice may not be the wisest and could lead to problems down the road. It's not so much that you watched them do it, as whether they followed the proper technique (using a new crush washer and correct torque) and the oil was consistent with a high-mileage high boost engine. High-mileage oil and boosted oil tend to have different properties, so buyer beware.

Archived