LegacyGT.com

Sad and happy time

Those are all pretty simple fixes actually.. if you had done some research you would have found that replacing those things you listed are fairly cheap, aside from the turbo... but hey hopefully you are happy with your decision, because thats all that matters!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Those are all pretty simple fixes actually.. if you had done some research you would have found that replacing those things you listed are fairly cheap, aside from the turbo... but hey hopefully you are happy with your decision, because thats all that matters!

My pricetag of $7500 means doing the work yourself, but includes scoring a JmP Custom VF40 and a used stock TMIC. Shit, $90 gets you the BMBBPTMIC kit, which, pretty much settles it.

Sounds like OP didn't wanna deal with it. Can't argue with that.

I had a 2.5i, it was a fun car, i really liked it. It's nice being able to floor it and not give a **** sometimes too. It got good mileage, it looked nice, my friends always said "your car is so nice". But i managed to trade up to an obxt for almost $0. I'd say roll the 2.5i around, then find a good deal on another lgt, and trade back up!

Doing the suspension and bushings right costs closer to $2k than you'd think, even with doing the work yourself. I can get that the guy didn't want to keep sinking money into it if that's not his passion.

1st time I've read this thread, strangely enough not just a hour ago I came up on QSM 2008 Legacy and said to myself that's nice, as passed by I looked at the driver and she was at least 80, I had laugh to myself and then realized it was a NA!!

I had a 2.5i, it was a fun car, i really liked it. It's nice being able to floor it and not give a **** sometimes too. It got good mileage, it looked nice, my friends always said "your car is so nice". But i managed to trade up to an obxt for almost $0. I'd say roll the 2.5i around, then find a good deal on another lgt, and trade back up!

That is my plan my dads dealership just bought a performance shop and I'm helping him sell the cars so once I get back where I need to be it won't be hard for me to get one currently have a few sti's evos and some wrxs over there most building between 300-600 awhp on a dyno jet so I'm hoping in about a year il be where I wanna be and take one the the monsters from there and keep my daily as the n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing the suspension and bushings right costs closer to $2k than you'd think, even with doing the work yourself. I can get that the guy didn't want to keep sinking money into it if that's not his passion.

Not that it's not my passion but a money pit on a car with 161k with a 5eat just not worth it to me if it was a spec b or at least a 5mt then I might have thought about it more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here it goes. This is going to be my first post but I really just wanted to give my opinion on some 2.5i mods/upgrades. I read posts on this forum a lot and everyone provides great advice and information but it seems that the majority of folks like to hate on the 2.5i. I myself had the chance to test drive a GT but the dealer sold it from underneath me and a year ago I bought a 2008 2.5i special edition. So far I love it and in that year I have done a lot of research on how to make the bugger a little more peppy without spending thousands of dollars. Below will be some of the things I have done that I feel have helped achieve more peppiness or at least gave the illusion ;)

NGK (55004) FX101 Spark Plug Wire Set

NGK Iridium IX - Spark Plugs

K & N drop in filter. AVO drop in filter is a good and popular choice as well

Grimmspeed lightweight crank pulley

For exhaust I got the AVO bolt on mufflers - http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/twin-mufflers-sedan-p-78.html

They aren't very loud and give just the right amount of rumble. No drone as well. I love them and they sound great in my opinion.

AVO also offers this to make it a complete catback if you want.

Thats about all I have done to my 2.5i besides drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads and a different stero headunit. I get about 22 in town and 32 on the highway using 89 octane gasoline and i'm pretty happy with that. Hopefully I was of some help.

Well here it goes. This is going to be my first post but I really just wanted to give my opinion on some 2.5i mods/upgrades. I read posts on this forum a lot and everyone provides great advice and information but it seems that the majority of folks like to hate on the 2.5i. I myself had the chance to test drive a GT but the dealer sold it from underneath me and a year ago I bought a 2008 2.5i special edition. So far I love it and in that year I have done a lot of research on how to make the bugger a little more peppy without spending thousands of dollars. Below will be some of the things I have done that I feel have helped achieve more peppiness or at least gave the illusion ;)

For exhaust I got the AVO bolt on mufflers - http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/twin-mufflers-sedan-p-78.html

They aren't very loud and give just the right amount of rumble. No drone as well. I love them and they sound great in my opinion.

Thats about all I have done to my 2.5i besides drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads and a different stero headunit. I get about 22 in town and 32 on the highway using 89 octane gasoline and i'm pretty happy with that. Hopefully I was of some help.

You helped yourself, and that was enough. :)

Thank you for your contribution.

Don't let em run you off now. Just remember you have to have thick skin to be in a Subaru group.

Lol at upgraded spark plugs

Once you drive a Cruze, there is room for upgrade in that area. Stock plugs are too hot of a heat range when you hit 60*F outside temps. I wouldn't say it made me faster, more like made the car not idle and drive like cold shit in a baby's diaper.

BKR7EIX soon to be 8 when these are done.

Archived