LegacyGT.com

Steering wheel shake at 50mph+ fades in and out in intervals :confused:

Brand new rotors and pads last week to fix shaking under braking.

Now I notice the steering wheel shaking at 50mph or higher. At first I thought the shake would be cause by the tire weights (could be a contributing factor) but because the shaking fades in and out, I am not sure the weights are the sole cause.

Hot or cold, driving for 10 minutes or a hour shows no difference.

Any ideas?

It took me a while to figure out when mine was doing that. You have a front wheel bearing/hub going bad.

Mine would shimmy on some highways for a mile or two and then stop when the pavement changed.

Read JmP's sticky up top for which bearings work.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks, but with over 196,000 miles on one of these and my 09 just truned 60,000 miles yesterday...I've been around the block a few times.

Took me a while to do the math the first front bearing. few month's later, the steering wheel started to shimmy and the same pavement on the same highway I drive everyday, a few miles later the shimmy was gone, different pavement. I repalced the other hub, no more shimmy on that same stretch of pavement.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived