LegacyGT.com

Removing bird droppings and such

I got my first bird dropping on my car this afternoon. I didn't have anything in my car to take care of it, so I had to wait until I got home to wipe it off with water and a microfiber towel.

What products could I carry in the trunk of my car to quickly wipe away the droppings besides just water and a microfiber towel?

I just head to a local gas station and use their window squeegee, paper towels and soapy water. I pay them enough each month to feel fine about using their bathrooms and cleaning supplies whenever I need to.

All of the above. I keep a bottle of the burgundy bottle of Meguiar's Quick Detailer in my car with a towel in case birds decide to target me. The key is to get it off fast. Leaving it on even for a day can cause damage that isn't wiping off, so you need to get it off as soon as you spot it. Anything will work if you catch it when it is fairly recent, but when you come back to your car after 3 or 4 days in long term parking and you realize you were under a light pole that was a favorite perch to a flock of birds, it may be a different story.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived