LegacyGT.com

Trunk carpet/tire cover panel Qs

Always carry oil, whatever's left in the gallon after an oil change. Don't remember if there was one quart or three in there, but it tipped over. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I didn't have time to change it myself when it was last due so I paid someone else. Guess it's my own fault for not checking everything after. Turns out, they didn't screw the cap on all the way, so now there's who knows how much T6 in this panel and I can't seen to get it off. Tried using a block of wood to squeegee it out, sprayed it with degreaser, the hose, no luck. It's trashed. Carpet isn't glued to the board anymore underneath, and the oil just won't clean off/out. I need to replace this thing. My question is, what year/model will work? I assume at least 05/06 are the same. There's one on ebay right now that looks the same, but it's out of a wagon. Anyone know if it'll work? Most of the spill seems to have been contained to this panel, which is super easy to just pull out and replace... if I can find another one without grabbing my ankles at the dealership.

car-parts.com

05-09 will fit.

Check out the "opposedforces" link in the sticky at the top of the very first forum here. I'm thinking the wagons is thinner.

Funny I've had my 09 Spec B's board inthe back of my wagon twice in the past weeks as a storage place, but never thought to see it they are the same size.

Thinking now, The wagon has more of a locking type handle and a hold cord for it to stay open. They are different.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not sure where you're located but if around North Central CT let me know. Believe I have a spare tire cover you could use as a replacement. If you're in my neck of the woods PM me. Wouldn't ask for any money, its just taking up space.

I would absolutely be interested in that! I'm down in NL county, but I drive for a living and find myself up around Hartford/Windsor almost every day at some point. Problem is knowing where I'll be from one minute to the next... I usually don't. I don't mind making the hike on the weekend either, if you'd need a nailed down time though.

I had the same thing happen a few years back. If you don't want to shell out extra money for a new/used cover, you can strip off your ruined carpet and give that plastic tray underneath a good clean. After it's dried, you can use the generic PepBoy speaker box carpeting, and it's pretty damn close to the OEM Subaru trunk carpet. Just get some adhesive and/or staple gun, and you're all set.

I actually have several rolls of carpeting out in the garage from back in my car audio days. I may resort to that, I'd just rather replace it than rebuild it. That said, I assumed the panel was made out of MDF/press board like most of them are. So you're saying it's actually plastic? That sounds a little more worth trying to clean...

I would absolutely be interested in that! I'm down in NL county, but I drive for a living and find myself up around Hartford/Windsor almost every day at some point. Problem is knowing where I'll be from one minute to the next... I usually don't. I don't mind making the hike on the weekend either, if you'd need a nailed down time though.

I just took a look at it, its kind of beat up. Its a little greasy/dirty/creaky but will work if you want it. Juts shoot me a PM if you want to grab it some time. I can text you few picks if you PM me your number.

I actually have several rolls of carpeting out in the garage from back in my car audio days. I may resort to that, I'd just rather replace it than rebuild it. That said, I assumed the panel was made out of MDF/press board like most of them are. So you're saying it's actually plastic? That sounds a little more worth trying to clean...

Yep, or at least some sort of synthetic material like plastic. If I remember correctly, when you look at it from the side, it's sandwiched like cardboard. It's definitely something pretty tough, and was able to withstand high heat steam cleaner, degreaser and strong pressure water hose. If nothing else, might not hurt to clean and recover it so you have a spare, but I think it was worth fixing

Archived