LegacyGT.com

my 95 legacy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take a look at them. I will probably end up at Les Schwab for tires they are good with their warranties and the free rotations are handy. Trying to find a good wet/winter tire. Discount tire ends up pretty expensive after all the fees and install cost.

Is anyone able to confirm that wrx bushing kit will fit my car?

Gonna do some searching for tires I know I need some high performance winter tires and tirerack has a lot of rebate deals on nicer tires that make them as cheap as the entry level ones. Need to compare a bit.

Hoping I can get the alignment done how I want this time. Still trying to see if i am gonna need camber bolts. I want at least 1.5f/1.0r maybe 1.75f/1.25r camber. Last shop argued with me about wanting those angles and put it at .1 and .1 Once I figure out my suspension bushing situation I will look into the bolts

Edit:

thinking about these. they are rated highest in their test group for wet and dry grip, fairly cheap to begin with, and they have a $100 rebate so 5 tires + mount/balance/fees comes to $601 with $100 rebate so $501

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+4X+II&partnum=055WR6E4X2&vehicleSearch=false

looks like I need to rebuild my starter solenoid too

from suspension FAQ- swaybars

Legacy

95-99 2.2: 19mm

96-99 2.5: 20mm (does 2.5 include GT's and OB's?)

im looking at finding a pair of outback sways at picknpull when I get a chance just wanting to make sure the ob bars count as the 2.5 and not just the gt

ordering those kumho tires from tirerack next week.

working on getting the suspension bushings and such asap. while rebuilding an Isuzu 3.2 AND do some tinkering on my Chevy LUV I am really short on time to get any work done on any of the list here

What should i focus on replacing in the suspension? Right now I have a thud or clunk up front over speed bumps and pulling into the driveway at an angle etc. Overall it still feels good. But i was looking at ball joints and inner and outer tie rod ends. Possibly the end links. And when I have a chance outback sways.

working on getting the suspension bushings and such asap. while rebuilding an Isuzu 3.2

i feel your pain, ive rebuilt a few isuzus, they are a pain in the ass sometimes. at least it isnt the 3.5 with the stupid high pressure fuel pump.

i had those tires on my civic before, they are decent tires.

The layout in that 3.2 is ridiculous anywhere that you need to be open for clearance has a random solenoid or bracket right in the way... never dealt with such a complicated layout in a Japanese truck!

Well at least the tires don't suck! I need some wet grip it rains all winter and spring out here. My luv makes wet weather either incredibly fun in the most sideways way possible... or miserable if I actually want to drive somewhere in a straight line. Needs a posi and some fatter tires for sure

Any idea what my clunk may be up front? Seems more prominent with side loads like going over a speed hump with one front wheel or going at a slant up a driveway lip etc..

clunk could be a few things i suppose. id start looking at the bushings and tie rod ends, maybe the tophat to see if it is blown. mine still clunks on some turns, even after replacing everything in the front. im almost positive mine is due to being so low, the geometry is out of whack.

• 3 months later...

So. It seems this car is a magnet for damage..

My girl rear ended a truck/trailer in traffic yesterday on the freeway. Hood is toast, front bumper is toast, grill may or may not be trashed, hood won't open, support looks to be bent.

But we must overcome the continuing issues like with any car.. and thankfully picknpull is half price this weekend! Just got home with a matching green hood from an OB (n/a no scoop) and a silver front bumper from a LGT (missing fogs for now)

Hoping i can get the bent up hood open later so I can check on the core support and see if I can fix it or need to go chop the front support out of another one. Reguardless of how many times this thing keeps trying to go kamikaze I will just make it better during the rebuild. Had needed an excuse to get the Lgt bumper since I got the car the half price weekend just confirms that it was the right time

Managed to get it knocked out today.

Got the lgt hood sanded, primed and painted used a ford "Pacific green" that was close enough for a one day repair

Removed, straightened and rewelded the support under the grill and lights.

Both my lights mounting tabs were all snapped off so I had to go to all 3 picknpulls in the area to find the 1 legacy out of the 12 that wasn't wrecked in the front. Got them and the plus side they are less hazy and not yellowed like the old ones.

Ob hood went right on and helped gauge how far I needed to pull the rest out.

One of my radiator fan housings got broken and was rubbing on my ps pulley and ate a rib off that belt so that will be getting replaced during the week.

Got it buttoned up just in time for bed. Will get a pic tomorrow

The old, and the "what happened to it" that had pulled forward off the front of the car...

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/ridered972/Mobile%20Uploads/20160212_154214_zpsufhsnjut.jpeg

Looks deceivingly straight here, but all the headlight tabs snapped off, the brace that the grill, bumper and lights hang on is bent and the welds broke, hood was so stuck I cut a square foot out around the latch to open it. And of course the metal around the headlights got puched back and twisted and the radiator got pushed back so the fan housing touched the ps pulley

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/ridered972/Mobile%20Uploads/20160212_154302_zpsnwvbv7iy.jpeg

The new, one very long day later

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/ridered972/Mobile%20Uploads/20160215_061007_zpsmk2gknlm.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/ridered972/Mobile%20Uploads/20160215_164555_zpsht524bhr.jpg

Used a few of the old shade tree methods to get it straight, ratchet straps around a tree, rope around a tree and some gentle reversing, plenty of slide hammering and a bit of my framing hammer, wood blocks, misc random tools.. was a long day on top of sanding and painting the silver gt bumper cover green and realising the gt bumper cover didn't clear the stock bumper mount brace that I welded back in place. Needed the center section lower so I had to cut it on both sides where it needed to be lower near the headlights under the grill where the bumper turns up and drop the section with a plate on each end of the dropped center. Was a pain in the balls because I was in a hurry to get it done before 10pm and it was at the very end of assembly at 8:45pm when I noticed the fitment issue.

But hey it works now and looks better than the L bumper cover... and the bent hood.. and the whole repair only cost me about $140 and a day of time

• 5 months later...

Still getting a p0400 egr code. Noticed it gets HOT if i am going uphill for a while like up the foothills between Portland and the ocean.

I replaced every single vac hose when i rebuilt the engine so i dont suspect a vacuum leak.

Is it more often caused by the egr solenoid or the bpt? When i had it apart i could blow through the egr pipe so it isnt clogged.

Any help would be great. I have a multimeter if i can test ohms on either that may shorten the hunt

• 8 months later...

Well she's dead now... Got hit hard in passenger side doors and I am not willing to fix it again. Put it on a trailer yesterday and took the wheels and engine to sell. Body and what's left are going to the metal shredder today.

Am now out of Subaru's in my life. Not sure when/if I will grab another one. I'd like to buy one for an eg33 swap eventually

Archived