jazzymt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jazzy.. I dont know if you are still in your moving situation.. Good luck with all this.. Just want to know if you still take some orders right now ? I will like to order a kit, and have it ship to canada via USPS.. For canada, same price ?

If you are not too busy with your moving, and good to send out a order, I will make you the order "pro kit"

Mike Moffa

Founder / Admin

Montreal Subaru Club

http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com

This is very, very cool. I'm shopping for an LGT right now, and this will be on my shopping list of things to buy "sooner," rather than "later." :)

I'm checking the website and have one question (that anyone here may be able to answer):

http://www.jazzyengineering.com/index.php?cPath=21

...What's the difference between the iPod unit and the regular AUX unit? I don't own an iPod or MP3 unit yet, so this will be something for future planning. So, is the hookup for iPod different? Will another MP3/AUX unit work with the iPod board? Just wondering which to consider.

I purchased the iPod Pro kit recently (the one with the dock connector). Few weeks later, I made a man of myself and installed it ;)

Everything went fine with the very clear instructions and the sound is very clear.

...but the volume is very low :(

There is also something I don't understand : I can use the equalizer on my iPod to change the sound output, which is strange with a dock connector... but I cannot change the volume.

Anyone has a solution to get a higher output volume?

I purchased two kits - one for my Outback, the other for my spouse's Forester.

Although the instructions look extremely clear and I've done more complex jobs in some prior cars, I was recently hit with some frustrating health issues that would probably make the simple uninstalling and reinstalling of a car radio physically tough to manage in an afternoon.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone happens to know of any installers in the NJ/NY metro region who might be good for this type of specialized kit. I really don't know what an installer might charge to do this, but am curious to find out.

PMs or posts here would be equally appreciated.

Thanks,

- wader

Jazzy, ordered from you months ago for my carputer project but finally installed it yesterday. Works great. Being a 1cd manual ac 2.5 legacy, I had some screw problems but ended up getting everything working the second try. I learned on the first try that splicing two headphone plugs together doesn't quite work so I had to head on out to radio shack.

I'd say if I had to do it again, it'd take me no more then half an hour. FIrst times always suck.

Wader: I know what you mean. Originally, these jobs would just take time, but after my motorcycle accident, my neck and lower back isn't what it used to be. So, holding things up away from the center of gravity gave way to some aches. Too bad you weren't closer or I'd help you out.

EDIT: Oh yea, I forgot. Sorry Jazzy, I'm going to have to give you 2.5 stars out of 5 because of something missing in my package. A printout of the instructions. Sorry, missing items = bad score. :D

Wader: I know what you mean. Originally, these jobs would just take time, but after my motorcycle accident, my neck and lower back isn't what it used to be. So, holding things up away from the center of gravity gave way to some aches. Too bad you weren't closer or I'd help you out.

Not a motorcycle accident here, but the neck, back and at least one arm can severely cramp up and take some nerve(s) along for the ride. Happened suddenly, starting a couple of months ago. So, yeah, I know what you mean. Appreciate the spirit of your offer, too.

Hey, the documents are published on the site where he sold you the board, man! I have a feeling you were just joshing around, though.

In some manner or another, these aux-in boards are going in. Would help if I could decide where to place the jack in each car, though . . .

- wader

I purchased the iPod Pro kit recently (the one with the dock connector). Few weeks later, I made a man of myself and installed it ;)

Everything went fine with the very clear instructions and the sound is very clear.

...but the volume is very low :(

There is also something I don't understand : I can use the equalizer on my iPod to change the sound output, which is strange with a dock connector... but I cannot change the volume.

Anyone has a solution to get a higher output volume?

Happened to me. I had to go partially back in and my stereo plug wasn't all the way pushed in. Not sure f this is your issue or not. It's the large white plug and it's gotta be all the way clicked in. I am listenening to my Ipod in the low to mid teen #s. Good luck.

Not a motorcycle accident here, but the neck, back and at least one arm can severely cramp up and take some nerve(s) along for the ride. Happened suddenly, starting a couple of months ago. So, yeah, I know what you mean. Appreciate the spirit of your offer, too.

Hey, the documents are published on the site where he sold you the board, man! I have a feeling you were just joshing around, though.

In some manner or another, these aux-in boards are going in. Would help if I could decide where to place the jack in each car, though . . .

- wader

I was. I guess superj300 didn't quite get it. It just ended up saving paper since I kept a laptop next to me with the PDF open so I could see the pictures in color. Don't know if it'll help your decision, but I ran mine to a splitter, with one going into the glove compartment and my carputer and the other along the console/shifter to the center storage area. I don't have an extended arm rest yet, but if you get the one with the little storage area (japan and europe) I think that little spot is perfect for holding a little mp3 player.

I totally get it, dude. Once again, he isn't Amazon.com. The fact that you would give him HALF the rating because he accidentally missed 1 piece of paper (which I doubt he even did, YOU probably missed it or threw it out) when it's available on the site and you even admit it was beneficial to not use paper instructions shows what a nerd you are.

But, while we're at it, I guess I'll rate him only 2.5 out of 5 because he used 6 inches of tape instead of 4.5 on the package. Tsk tsk, Jazzy. I'll ignore the fact that he engineered a wonderful product and sells it at a minimal profit margin...I'll just follow your lead and complain about something that doesn't even matter.

After swapping out the audio cable and buying my own after shipping one unit back i got audio out of both sides of the car. Before I was only getting the left side. Jazzy said I should send it the unit in which I did. Got the new one. Same issue so i went to radio shack and bought another cable. This fixed the problem. Kind of frustrating though because I had to pay for my own cable and pay to ship the first unit back and then he offers a refund on the cable but then i still have to pay to ship that back...

Then a few days ago after having the unit and it working fine, my cd player no longer wants to play cds. The changer will rotate the cds but after about 25seconds of it trying it just turns the radio on. Just took it all apart to check the connections and the same issue :(

The changer will rotate the cds but after about 25seconds of it trying it just turns the radio on. Just took it all apart to check the connections and the same issue :(

Might be a bum CD. My last car was picky about playing burned disks, and that's basically what it would do with anything that wasn't a perfect burn. Tries to read it, can't figure it out, and gives up.

Might be worth burning another silent CD.

Can anyone verify if the Ipod pro kit works with the I-phone? I have had my pro kit for about 5 months and love it. No volume issues with mine at all. I play most of my stuff at about vol lvl 12-14 (2006 LGT) and thats pretty loud.

Thanks,

RipxLGT

Can anyone verify if the Ipod pro kit works with the I-phone? I have had my pro kit for about 5 months and love it. No volume issues with mine at all. I play most of my stuff at about vol lvl 12-14 (2006 LGT) and thats pretty loud.

Thanks,

RipxLGT

I read somewhere that it works with the iPhone, but don't remember where...

It should be ok as it uses the same dock connector.

As for volume, I experienced level 40 a couple of times without even getting close to be loud at all. :(

Just ordered my kit. Can't wait to get it. I've been wanting to get something like this for several months now and stumbled across this page when I searched for "subaru aux in". Looking forward to putting it in.

Thanks,

RipxLGT

I will check tomorrow. Most likely it will have to go into Airplane mode, but I will let you know.

Does anyone have any pics of them connecting the power part of the cables? I am talking about the loose red and black wires that will charge your iPod as you drive/play.

Thanks.

I will check tomorrow. Most likely it will have to go into Airplane mode, but I will let you know.

Does anyone have any pics of them connecting the power part of the cables? I am talking about the loose red and black wires that will charge your iPod as you drive/play.

Thanks.

Once I get mine in I will take some pictures and post them, unless someone else does before me.

Ok, so I tried my iPhone with the Jazzy Mtn kit and like I thought, it throws the phone into Airplane mode which means you will not be able to receive any phone calls.

Thanks JrUbow. I got everything installed but the power wires so it charges while playing.

So I've got my board in now. It took a little longer than expected, but then again I took my time doing it. Every thing was really easy to pull out and easy to setup. All I have to say is it's the best money I've spent lately. I was getting so sick and tired of the stupid FM transmitter that I was using. It was starting to get so flimsy and shaky that I couldn't stand it anymore. I actually had purchased it while I was in a transition between cars. My boss had let me borrow his Honda Accord and it actually worked really well in it so I bought my own when I went with my Subaru and it was pretty bad quality. Then the stupid thing got flimsy and would sway back and forth.

I then started looking for solutions and most of them were either replacing the whole unit, not an option for me or soldering, which was not something I wanted to do either. Then I found Jazzy's board. The sound quality is amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. I've shown this to some of my fellow coworkers and car buddies and they are all amazed by the quality of the board and the sound. Thanks again for everyone’s post on this and for generating enough interest for Jazzy to do this. And most of all thanks to Jazzy for all the hard work and time that you've put into this.

whoopnar: Does it force it into Airplane Mode? I have seen some screenshots of people who have hooked the iphone up with ipod connectors and they can cancel this warning and have it not go into Airplane Mode. If this is possible have you tried this and what was the result?

I got an iPhone recently and I plan on installing the jazzy pro kit but without the ipod option once I come up with a docking idea.

I have not seen any iphone specific or "made for iphone" docks for cars so I was thinking of mounting the dock that comes with the iPhone and using its line out to the jazzy aux in. I am unsure if plugging a car charger into the dock will be a problem though.

If a place can be found to mount it I think it would make a good solution.

Would it be possible to use this jazzy aux in using the iphone dock that comes with the iphone?

Once you plug the iPhone into the connector, it automatically brings up the Airplane Mode message, so I don't think you can cancel it. I will try it when I go to lunch in a little bit.

I don't see why your solution wouldn't work. That is pretty smart. The connectors for an iPod and iPhone are the same, I think.

Of course, regarding your docking solution, I would ask Nathan @ Jazzy. He should be able to answer your questions and does it pretty quick.

Ok, so I tested the iPhone and it does work with the Jazzy mountain hookup. You do not need to put it in Airplane mode, however, you can hear a small amount of interference.

However, my hookup is not yet spliced to charge at the same time, so I do not know if that will cause more interference. Once I get it spliced I will let you know.

Also, I tested calling from the iPhone while plugged in and it does not play through the speakers. So if you cord isn't long enough, you will have to disconnect it to use it.

I was asked to post some pictures of my install, particularly the splicing of the wires. Make sure that when you do this that you do red to red and black to black. I attached this to power outlet in the console. Also put electrical tape around each spliced wire individually and then tape them together as seen in my picture. Also make sure the outlet isn't plugged in or that the battery isn't attached. If you have questions about this ask before doing it on your own.

Splice_2.thumb.jpg.12374e13a5f2a669d3a255a7e009437b.jpg

Splice_1.jpg.ec2e376af54eceafd1f0ab64f4070075.jpg

Splice_3.jpg.f20ed4baa95a1cf4349de1031bd701cf.jpg

Splice_4.thumb.jpg.2f914824476a378e9a9ca12e98e919b9.jpg