LegacyGT.com

Where is this oil leaking from?

gravity pulls leaks down, did i just blow your mind? plus the drain pipe is not a high pressure connection compared to the feed line.....

Engine vibration and air currents will often make oil travel in directions other than just down. Oil leaks make oil get everywhere...even upwards sometimes. :iam:

Losing a 1/2 quart of oil over a 3000 mile period is not a lot of oil, at all. Most LGTs will burn that much internally without leaking any oil. With that said, the single picture you posted doesn't necessarily look like a drain flange leak (I just replaced my oil drain gasket due to a leak at that). If the oil isn't pooling onto the turbo bracket or axle area, then I doubt your perceived oil loss is due to an actual leak.

As suggested above, this could be old residue from when you pulled off the oil feed 3k miles ago. Oil evaporates fairly slowly.

Sucks that the banjo bolt is PITA to get to, I know. You can always snug the feed line and check to see if that's it. This way ruling out possibilities.

But as Dispatch said. Leaks can happen from the drain gasket.

Air push things about a bit to make the suspect evidence inconclusive till you rule out culprits.

Archived