LegacyGT.com

Any difference between wagon and sedan springs?

RuskiTrombone

So what would happen if you put wagon springs on a sedan? Would the rear look a bit higher and not settle as much as the front or would it just be a bit stiffer.

the back would sit a bit higher. Not a bad stance...better than the other way around.

the back would sit a bit higher. Not a bad stance...better than the other way around.

My car is the other way around with the front being higher than the rear (gotta love coilovers and ride height adjustments)..

I think the spring rates have little difference (1kg at most which is like a 56 lbs more "spring" to it). But the length of the spring might be actually a lot taller on the wagon than the sedan.

PGT can verify of where the mounting points are on the wagon, but for the sedan the mounting points for the rear is located on the base of the trunk floor.. if the wagons are higher up, then it's possible that the shocks are longer to accomodate the mounting point and the spring will be proportionally just as long/tall.

Keefe

wagons are the same spot. Having done suspension swaps on my car and a few sedans.....the pieces look the same. Given that aftermarket springs are the same for wagons and sedans (for the most part), this makes sense.

I'd even go so far as to say that if you plan to put a sub box in, the wagon springs might do you some good on the sedan. A decent sub, enclosure and amp weighs about as much more as the wagon (50lbs?)

So what would happen if you put wagon springs on a sedan? Would the rear look a bit higher and not settle as much as the front or would it just be a bit stiffer.
I'm running this for 10K miles now with no issues. I found the wagon springs cheap and went for it :D

Archived