LegacyGT.com

OCDetails, you killed my evening. Prepare to die.

Finally used the S100 that I'd been convinced to buy. Very nice wax. Applies very easily and evenly. Word of caution, don't over-apply (duh!) ... I overdid a section down on the bottom of my driver's door, and it was just kind of messy. But really not the worst thing in the world. Other word of caution ... not easy to use on a humid night. I couldn't clean up the roof or trunk lid because they kept getting covered in condensation. Once I finally moved it into the garage, got it dried up and then was able to buff off. Kind of messy again at this point, but it really did shine up beautifully ... like the rest of the car.

Now, why OCDetails really must die. I have found a ton of things I need to do to be happy with the car. Found tons of IFO on the rear driver's side fender I'll need to clay out later, as well as on the top surface of the rear bumper and other parts of the rear of the car. I'm convinced I need a Portercable now. So that's more money out of my wallet, and more time out of my life.

Thanks for all the knowledge you've brought to the site! :D:p

:lol: Welcome to my world. What started out as just trying to get a product that gave my car a little more shine turned into needing a bigger garage to store everything. It only gets worse from this point on. Wait till you discover what high quality microfiber is like. Or better yet, wait till you discover all the different looks you can get with various synthetic sealants. You might want to get an extention of your credit card limit. :lol:

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Now, why OCDetails really must die. I have found a ton of things I need to do to be happy with the car. Found tons of IFO on the rear driver's side fender I'll need to clay out later, as well as on the top surface of the rear bumper and other parts of the rear of the car. I'm convinced I need a Portercable now. So that's more money out of my wallet, and more time out of my life.

Thanks for all the knowledge you've brought to the site! :D:p

Yep, I blame OCDetail for my purchase of a PorterCable. :D

I spent almost 8 hours detailing my car about 2 weeks ago, Wash, claying, polish, Klause all in one, Mequiar's NXT Wax. She looks so good still.... She will have one good waxing and Klause Sealer on her before winter comes. ;)

Thanks OCDetails!!!

The Porter Cable is perhaps the single most important detailing purchase I've ever made - had my random orbital for ~6 years now, would cry if it ever gave out on me. Give into to peer pressure - BUY IT!!!

I feel that way everytime I have to hand wax a beast like that. The PC is great for liquid waxes, but sometimes you gotta bust out the little yellow foam pad and go at it by hand with a paste wax. My fingers hurt worse than anything after something like that.... Cleaning up oxidation and swirls would just be suicide by hand if you ask me.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...
if you want to try something new, next time i'd recommend the Wolfgang products. Easy application, awesome results. I suggest clay bar, polish, and wax. My car feels like butter now! Also being synthetic, it should last 6 months vs. S100 which I believe can wear off in 1/2 the time.

The Porter Cable is perhaps the single most important detailing purchase I've ever made - had my random orbital for ~6 years now, would cry if it ever gave out on me. Give into to peer pressure - BUY IT!!!

hmmm a Porter Cable polisher. I work for Black & Decker and our company purchased Porter Cable about 6 months ago. I can get a polisher for 55% of the list price. Something for me to consider :D

Archived