LegacyGT.com

Looking for a reputable shop in NY/CT area

Just contacted The Shop to get a quote on an up pipe install. I have heard great things about them. I actually used to work out at planet fitness next door when I had my G35 coupe and I saw all the cars they were working on a daily basis. They have had some monsters there so I am thinking of having some work done there.

I am looking for feedback for their work and if anyone else has some suggestions in shops to look into in my NY/CT area. Thanks!

EFI Logic's is close by too.

Did you only buy the buy the up pipe ? no down pipe too ?

Do you plan to replace the oil return hose too ?

What does the coolant crossover pipe under the crank pulley look like ? If its all rusty you might want to have it replaced too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The Shop is where I take my car for all of my tuning needs! I have a thread in the Dyno forum about them and my numbers. Mustang dyno 311/341 on 93. StiMikey is the tuner over there and is very reputable! Also come check out UFC Gym In Norwalk next time you are there and ask for Brandon :) Planet fitness.. You should be ashamed LOL ;)

When you look at what has to come apart to replace the up, you'll understand why it cost so much.

That's why most do the down pipe at the same time, because that has to come out first, then the turbo, then the up.

Also why I'm telling you to replace the oil return hose too. And remove the banjo filter while the up is out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yeah I understand. I got an estimate from EFI also and both estimates are about the same.

Replace it with an oem oil return hose or is there an aftermarket. And what is the banjo filter?

Thanks again for all the help bro!

Oh boy, you have a lot to learn. Good thing is, you've come to the right place. Read some of the stickys at the top's of the forums.

You may have a need for these too. Hint the 2005GT's start around page 1600, check the back of the book for How things work.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Lmao yes I do.

I am a Nissan guy bro take it easy on me. Lol this is my first Subaru I have a lot of learning ahead of me. I am a fast learner so have patience with me please. Lol Thanks for the reading material.

Archived