LegacyGT.com

bulkhead connector wiring diagram?

farmerz24

Hi Guys, Ive seen the ECU pinout diagrams which show the ECU wiring.

I am interested in the 2 big engine bay connectors, one on the passenger side, and one in the center of the engine bay at the back of the firewall.

My issue is that my coolant sensor goes to full hot as soon as the key is turned on and i want to verify the wiring. (It probably is a wiring issue as i was doing my GM 3.9 swap when this stopped working.)

if anyone could provide info or even tell me which pin the coolant temp sensor connects to on the bulkhead connector that would be great.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

alright,

thanks to underdog you have allowed me to get both my temp sensor working, and also the crank sensor. now my factory tach works with the 3.9 gm engine in my 2005 legacy.

what i did was bought a tinyIO module from jbperf.com and it communicates to the ms3x-pro via CAN. it reads the rpm from there, and outputs a fake 36-2-2-2 wheel pattern to the factory crank sensor wires. this allows the factory tach to work, as well as allowing the fuel pump to run.

thankyou so much for this.

now my next issue is this:

in order for the tach to start working the car must crank for 10seconds. this is because there is no fake cam input (yet). after 10 sec of cranking the tach works.

it looks like there is a input wire to the ecu from the key which tells the ecu that the car is cranking. what i wish to do is power this permanently so that i can just turn on the car, wait 10 seconds and then start the car and have the tach work.

i've found the starter wire to the ecu on this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/click-here-2005-legacy-gt-ecu-pinout-126185.html?t=126185

but i am wondering if there is a starter ouput wire from the ecu, or any starter output wire to the starter relay or anything like that.

if anyone has any more diagrams that would be great .

Archived