LegacyGT.com

Petition to appeal U.S D.O.T/E.P.A importation law

Sign the petition!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-dotepa-%E2%80%9C25-year-rule%E2%80%9D-car-import-ban-15-years-and-allow-importation-non-conforming-cars-and/PhZ4RMgz

They let illegal immigrants into our country and force us to support them. But if we want a car not from this country it's illegal.

Makes sense.

Help make U.S.A. a free and better place.

Aside from the immigration red herring, I'd encourage everyone to sign it. I signed it a while back when it was ~1000 signers but honestly didn't think it'd get very far. Glad to see it's almost halfway there.

There really isn't much of an advantage to seek out grey market vehicles today. There are some major disadvantages. Years ago Mercedes Benz instructed their dealer network to refuse work on grey market vehicles.

The downside I fear is some enterprising person will decide to import Chinese or Indian deathtraps which money-conscious fools will find hard to resist. Of course they won't just kill themselves but put others at risk. Of course you could argue that the aging fleet of SUVs which are poorly maintained are now driven by Junior or Missy texting their way into your path of travel.

Either way it is still a 15 year rule. So that Chinese crap would of had to last at least that to be imported here and when they slam that turd into my tundra I'll have a scratch. Lol the shittier the car hitting mine the better.

Also they will still need to conform to the state by state inspection.

Archived