LegacyGT.com

Outback XT P0304

I checked my pcv valve along with the tubes, everything checks good. Banjo filter is something I have attempted to do, but didn't have the tools to actually get the banjo filter bolt out. I've been scouting Craigslist for an uppipe from an sti. I should look at the turbo. Being high milage I am curious how it looks, along with shaft play.

Check NASIOC for the up-pipe. I got mine there for $65 shipped. CL probably won't pan out. Any 07+ WRX/LGT ones will work as well as any year STI.

While there, also look for used VF-52s or start saving up to buy one from SixStarSpeed.

As for tuning, there are pros and cons to each. I personally went with a Cobb AP, as I like the other features it presents in a compact cell-phone size package (digital gauges). It does have a high price to pay though.

But, they give 15% military. :p that's probably the route I'll go is the accessport. Just did a quick search for an up pipe and found a up pipe for $40. Might have to pick it up. But for now, I'm going to keep searching and learning more. Thanks for the input!

Banjo Bolt filter and Turbo condition all depend on who maintained the car before you some have gotten more miles out of the VF40 but not many. Catch it before boom.

One nice thing is get a magnetic drain plug....

Also are you manual or auto?

Cobb AP is a good way to go for simple clean solution. Otherwise your carting a laptop for logs. Now there are more options for tuning in open source but 9/10 don't need to go there.

15% off is a good deal. After you get a up/dp think about getting a custom tune that you can load into the AP and then into the car. http://www.tuningalliance.com has both my cars running very smooth throughout the rpm range. The turbo is very linear.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sure you mean banjo bolt filter, the bolt need to be there.

Have you checked/replaced the two grounds on the bottom of the heads yet ?

Keep the battery terminals clean, tight and put grease around them to keep moisture out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived