LegacyGT.com

No or Low Boost, No CEL

I have a 2005 LGT all stock with first gen AP running updated 93 oct map. I thought it seemed to feel kind of flat for the last few months, but figured I was just getting used to the power since adjusting from my former car. I noticed a crack in the the pipe between the second cat and the pipe to the res and thought that may have something to do with the issue. This week I could hear loud hissing from the crack in the exhaust and suddenly lost all boost. I got the crack in the exhaust fixed and still no power. I hooked up my AP and checked boost at WOT. It starts in vac and tops out at about 1.5psi. I don't hear any boost leaks, don't have any error codes, checked all the normal visible things like the blue T and vac lines, TMIC looks fine and feels tight. The car runs fine, just no power. The only other thing I could think to mention is that it seems to and has seemed to prior to this issue to idle ever so slightly like it is hunting a bit almost like a slight miss here and there and feels the same at constant speed. I also have a question about the WG actuator; should I be able to move it by hand when the engine is off by grabbing the link and pushing/pulling?

The last question, yes you can move the arm.

I would still do a boost leak test.

Clean the MAF sensor too. Just because.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Turns out I can move the wastegate actuator, it just takes more force than I had expected. I picked up some parts to pressurize the system and check for leaks. I have been checking my mileage and there has been no decrease in fuel efficiency. I also had no strange noises coming from the turbo prior to losing boost.

Cleaned my MAF sensor and performed a leak test... No smoking gun and still no boost. I haven't the time to pull apart exhaust components to check for restriction in the cat so I'm making an appointment with Doug's Performance in Port Huron, MI. One more piece of the puzzle; when the car is cold it actyally feels stronger once warmed up it really hits a wall around 2k rpm and kind of bumbles under load any higher than that. I cannot wait to get this sorted. It only has about 50k miles on it with Mobile1 oil changes every 3k.

• 2 weeks later...
I thkink I'm going to be able to salvage the stock mufflers. I used a drain snake and pulled out a bunch of fiberglass & some perfferated metal and used a shop vac in between to pull more out. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/yrehybe7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived