LegacyGT.com

If you had to replace your GT wagon, what - if anything - would be next?

I've only ever bought one new car, the 16 Outback. Not enough to get the price to where it'd make sense for me. At that price point a S4 or Chevy SS is closer to what I'd want from a sedan.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think they have any wagons in stock at the moment, but damn they have some nice JDM imported Nissans/Toytas, etc. Read about them in Motor Trend, seem to have a good reputation. www.japaneseclassics.com

I live about 15 minutes from there. And while I'm not really in the market to buy anything from them at the moment, it's fun to just walk around the showroom and stockroom and ogle.

The local Subaru club has met there before.

And they don't mind considering special request JDM Subaru parts if you ask them (though they don't guarantee that they'll find them).

If any of you read Jalopnik, this is the place where Doug Demuro purchased his GTR.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thinking of selling my LGT, want something that gets better gas mileage now that I live further away from work (used to live 5 miles away).

Volvo V90 is nice but at 55K with AWD, way out of my budget. V60 also looks nice, but if it's priced like the XC60, will also be out of my budget.

Sat in a Buick Tour X at the Auto show in February and wasn't impressed. MB E series wagon is also nice but way out of my budget.

So I'll probably get a Forester, question is do I get an FXT before they're gone or wait for the 2019. The 2019 Limited has more than enough bells & whistles and looks like a good deal at 31K, Android Auto is another plus.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I'm bringing this back from the dead.....

Need to replace my 4th LGT looking for an opinion on what should be next.

If I can find a decent condition LGT here in Canada I may pick up another one.

On my quick list of needs 4dr, AWD or RWD, Turbo, Heated Seats

IS250 or older IS300

A4

RX-8

If I can swing a two door with the wife I will be looking at the following

MR2

Audi TT

I ended up replacing my daily 05' LGT wagon with a 17' FXT.

Still miss the wagon though.

I'm considering changing to an S4. If somebody's after a really nice 5MT wagon and wants to push me to make the move, drop me a line.

Lexus IS350 AWD, Toyota Sequoia 2007 model, 911 4S, WRX.

Thinking of selling my LGT, want something that gets better gas mileage now that I live further away from work (used to live 5 miles away).

Volvo V90 is nice but at 55K with AWD, way out of my budget. V60 also looks nice, but if it's priced like the XC60, will also be out of my budget.

Sat in a Buick Tour X at the Auto show in February and wasn't impressed. MB E series wagon is also nice but way out of my budget.

So I'll probably get a Forester, question is do I get an FXT before they're gone or wait for the 2019. The 2019 Limited has more than enough bells & whistles and looks like a good deal at 31K, Android Auto is another plus.

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat and, having forgotten this original thread existed (indeed, i even posted in it LOL), I started a similar thread last week. Have a look or, if you want the cliff notes version: I didn't come to anything conclusive and have been considering the same stuff you guys have. Happy hunting to all of us! ;)

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/if-you-had-replace-your-wagon-today-271204.html

Wish Kia's Ceed SportsWagon was available here:

https://www.motor1.com/news/235076/2018-kia-ceed-sportswagon-revealed/

Quite frankly, at this point Subaru is just doubling down on stupid about this. I get that USA is is their biggest and most important market, blah-blah, but a lot of us are essentially real Subaru Ambassadors that are holding to our 4th gen LGT wagons just hoping that Subaru pulls their head out of rear and comes back to the market with a real wagon. That Ceed Wagon from Kia is essentially a refreshed 4th Gen LGTW. We shouldn't be left to only have our 13 years oild cars if we want to have a decent wagon from Subaru.

I was contemplating getting a 3.6R Outback and dropping it on Legacy's suspension, but with everything involved the cost moves me to BMW and Audi's territory. I can actually have VW wagon cheaper than that - NEW. WTF is Subaru thinking?

Really frustrated with this.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived