LegacyGT.com

buying a used LGT

THE RZA

I also regretted not getting the GT after I bought my 2.5i. Like GEOTTO, I'm getting married in a couple months as well, but I kept my 2.5i since I paid cash in the beginning. I can now freely mod it to enjoy it more power wise (maybe a swap). It's on coilovers and suspension is all sorted out.

It just made ZERO sense to me to buy a used turbo Subaru with 100k+ miles on it. I bought a new WRX instead and couldn't be happier.

• 4 weeks later...
Another car I'm considering now is a Mini Cooper S. Test drove one today and it was easily the most fun car I've ever driven, and that comes from previously owning a WRX, an EJ22T Swapped 98 LGT, & my 335i. Mini's are built well, their customer service is like no other car dealership I've been to. I'm not gonna lie it was nice for a change to go look at a car and have a salesman who actually knows more about the cars than I do :lol: So now I'm stuck deciding between the 2015 WRX and the Mini.

lol I'm in a rental because my legacy got totaled by a driver not paying attention (she hit me at 40 MPH from the rear) So I have a base model '13 Mini I wanted the 4 door but the CEL was on so I was stuck with the 2 door.. I love the handling it's so tight but I hate the seats! And the controls! I was shocked to see it only had something like 113 or so HP.

The throttle must be DBW? It has a weird lag when you leave quickly.

There is no direct cable to the throttle, if that's what you mean, just like all other modern cars. It feels sluggish either because you're used to driving more HP, or that there's something going on with that car. They also tend to somewhat suffer from heatsoak, which robs them of power some more.

I'm going back and forth with toying with the idea of getting a 2nd car for myself, just for giggles, and I'd be happy with a used, base model Mini, but MT not AT.

The crazy part is that the 2014 base model Mini is actually a 3 cylinder engine!

• 1 year later...
So after finally paying off my 2009 2.5i(which was purchased brand new), from day 1 I regretted not buying an LGT mostly due to at the time I was in college and wasn't making a whole lot of money.

Imagine how much quicker, you would have paid it off if your were not paying for half of C6 Z06 and all those the Lingenfelter mods. :icon_wink

Way to dig up a thread from the dead :lol:. My 2.5i was a great DD and I owned a lot of fun cars on the side while I owned it. I had a E90 M3, sold that and had a 08 LGT, sold that and got a 09 335i which then I sold 2 years ago when I came home from Active Duty. But during that time I never once desired to modify my 2.5i for power because it was literally throwing money away. That money was thrown into our Z06 and the other fun cars I owned.

I forgot how special of a place that is to you and John C. I saw him last week, he just bought a brand new Golf R. I'm a bit disappointed in him though because he was all set on buying a 2016 WRX and instead bought the Golf R. Not even a week in to owning it, he already bent a wheel on a pothole :O

Archived