LegacyGT.com

its bad this time

the 95 ej22 will swap into the 96 car and run on the 96 ECU.

do not swap the computer.

but the 95 ej22 has dual exhaust ports and the 96 is single port.

you will need the exhaust y-pipe that is attached the 95 engine.

or any dual port exhaust y-pipe from 93 -99, legacy, impreza, outback or forester.

ej22 engines 96 - 98 are plug and play.

they all have the same single exhaust ports.

the 96 ej22 is a non-interference engine

97 - 98 are interference.

look for good used parts of all kinds at:

www.car-part.com

sort by zip code to see what is close.

but it sounds like you have found an engine .

is the 95 ej22 from an auto trans car?

they have EGR, you need EGR.

especially if you are moving to NY.

Doing a manual swap fron a 95wagon into my 96 so I have all the little things minus a new shift knuckel and shift knob. I figure its a good deal and I want to do a manual swap anyways so might as well take the opertunity since I need a motor. But since I wont have egr anymore becuase manual should I still stick with my 96 auto trans pcm?

well i no longer have a place to work on my car.....with the egr, if i use my 96 intake manifold and just use the 95 block, would that work? (for leaving it auto) ill pull the drivetrain out and do the stick swap at a later date. also anyone near pottstown king of prussia or exton pa got a spot i could do a motor swap?

thats a good idea, but. looks like my subies done for. i cant fix it, its not worth it for starters and he keeps adding to the list of parts it needs. with my timeframe it looks like im getin rid of my subie :icon_cry::icon_cry:

so anyone want a 96 bk with a blown motor? minimal rust...

Thanks for the link but without a place to work on my subie thiers nothing I can do.... tomarro im going car shoping, and its not even my call anymore my grandmas making it and its her money her call and she decided get rid of the subie :(

Good luck with the Stang- we'll miss you in the Subie world.

Of course just this year I've said goodbye to the Nissan Hardbody truck and 9th generation Corolla forums as those vehicles left here when I purchased my two Imprezas.

Archived