LegacyGT.com

its bad this time

well i blew my motor up tonight, ill have a youtube link up shortly. but i was going up a hill and it just had no power, wouldent rev up past 4k and had a super loud rattle like a heatshield was coming loose. oil light flashed on and smoked under the hood and shot some flames and sparks out from the side of my hood. i have no idea really what im gunna do i just needed it to last till late augest early september to get settled into a job after i graduate. so if i put a motor in but leave the auto trans any ideas how long it would take to swap the motor out?

thats encouraging, i still gotta see how bad the damage is hopefully tomarrow ill have a spot to have the thing towed to, i feel bad knowing my subies just sitting on the side of road with a towel out the window and the blinkers on :icon_cry:

www.car-part.com

you will have to search each year and model separately.

sort by zip to see what is close.

EDIT: i misread your car year,

96 - 98 is a direct plug and play.

95 will work if you gat the matching y-pipe.

if you have an auto trans car,

you will want an engine from an auto trans car.

the auto trans cars have EGR,

manual trans do not.

there is a work around you can do for a non-egr engine.

Couldent find anything under 600$ that wasent a turd in my area o n car part, secound place I looked ( first place was a friends bone yard). And with my time constraints unless I find a good motor this weekend and start instaling it next week I might ned to get another car, and at that point it would be anything I can find :(

found a parts car local, odly enought the bumper from it was installed on mine before i bought my car lol not sure of what engine it is if its the 22 or 25 but runs good and i, pretty sure its the 22 gotta take another look to be sure, but its also got a manual trans. that would make me very very happy. i can have the whole thing for 500. next question time wise how long did people's manual swaps take? and also, if my friend at school cant help me, anyone in the area got some experiance with swaps on the 2nd gen? just to speed it up?

i misread your car year,

96 - 98 is a direct plug and play.

95 will work if you get the matching y-pipe.

what is your zip code?

there are lots of 96 - 98 ej22s in PA.

one in dawson? for $375.

two in vorhees w/ 136K and 157k for $400.

a couple in scottsdale w/ less than 100k for $575

or get an ej18 w/150k from an impreza in harmony for $200

the pull-a-part in hazelton always seems to have a few.

Theparts car has a lotta little stuff I want and could use plus I really want a manual its got 113k on it and got some helpers from school and I know atleast one build thread I can find to help me along the way with the manual swap and I dont gotta go get anything, the parts car is with my car so its all right thier

Thanks for the tip on that thread I think ill go with a new knuckel cus the symptoms are identical.

Also can anyone comment on the legalities of me putting a 95 motor I to a 96? Mostly as far as is it obd2 and ggetting it inspected?

I don't know why it'd matter. But in wv we have no emissions test and the garages barely look at your ride when you go for a sticker...

If you are going from a 96 auto with egr to a 95 standard without egr it may matter in PA though...

Guess what? I didn't help at all...

Archived