LegacyGT.com

Intermittent stalling-06 lgt

173k miles. Stage 2. Last year began intermittent stalling when coming to a stop. 5mt. Replaced the throttle body. Problem stopped. Has now started again. Tried disconnecting the battery, reconnect, start engine, leave in neutral and allow to come to temperature. Seemed better for a short time. Stalling has started again. Very sporadic. The only possible pattern that I have detected is that if I have placed the car in neutral while slowing down then there seems to be a greater likely hood that it will stall. But it does not always stall during these circumstance. Any guesses out there?

Do you have a blow off vent to atmospere?

What intake do you have? I had a problem similar to this he intake stream was to smooth the mass air could read it properly. I put a small square 2"x2" of duct tape on the bottom of the filter it disturbed the air just enough that it didn't do it again.

Also my buddy had the same situation when his bov was recirculated.

I would recommend searching the forums, there have been multiple threads for stalling issues, I myself started one.. Most come down to a dirty MAF, dirty or failed OCVs, IM O-rings, boost leaks.. There have been a few burnt valves and cracked ringlands.. PM me if you dont have any luck in your search, I can give you the easiest things to start with..

173k miles. Stage 2. Last year began intermittent stalling when coming to a stop. 5mt. Replaced the throttle body. Problem stopped. Has now started again. Tried disconnecting the battery, reconnect, start engine, leave in neutral and allow to come to temperature. Seemed better for a short time. Stalling has started again. Very sporadic. The only possible pattern that I have detected is that if I have placed the car in neutral while slowing down then there seems to be a greater likely hood that it will stall. But it does not always stall during these circumstance. Any guesses out there?

I see that you say you're stage 2 -- Are you tuned? If not, that's a good place to start. Get an AP and you should be able to narrow down what's giving you grief.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Tuned yrs ago when it was made stage 2. No changes since.

Bov to atmosphere:I do not believe it is to atmosphere. Wouldn't it be very "gaspy" if it was to atmosphere?

Intake is from an STI.

A wild guess here, are the engine grounds clean and in good shape ?

There should be one on the bottom side of each head to the chassis, + others.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived